Civ III Comic. The Making of Civ III: Behind The Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TinCow
    Minuteman, don't worry about copyright infringement. Parodies are specifically exempted from such suits.

<---- law student
    That seems an over simplification of the copyright laws. The laws does allow for parodies, and does allow that some of the source matterial will surface in the parody. I think a court would find little malace in this quick joke, that it no way affected Infogames from making further Civ games. Further, if they did try to sue for damages they would see little injury to their good name and that you have profited not at all from this.

However, to better protect yourself, you might try adding a clear "this is not Civ III" element, such as calling it "$yd Mayor's $ellivanation III". Because the best case is to prove that some idiot somewhere thought your jokes were actual screen shots from the game. and declined to purchase it on that basis.
    Rik

Comment

I like the Highway robbery part, and the spearman. Make more of these.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Blind

I cant see it.

Comment

Working...
        X