Mobilization??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobilization??

Ok dumb question. What exactly does that button do? I've been in Democratic wars and I saw the button says normal. So I changed it to war time and nothig major happens. So what's it for??

It makes units cheaper to build which is ideal when your in a war but it also stops you from building peacetime improvements.
    You also have to sign a peace treaty to get back to normal

Comment

So maybe, I shouldn't push it then. I usually place all my cities on war time production manually, and then when the war is winding down I'll switch some over.

But thanks for the input.

I searched to manual endlessly for that one.

Comment

I use it whenever the war I am in doesn't look like I am easily going to win ... what it does is every square gets an extra production while making a unit.

Comment

Mobilization also allows you to build military buildings - namely Barracks, Harbors and Airports, but these are built at the normal rate.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's llike a Golden Age

It's not so much that the units are cheaper to build (though that appears to be the effect), you are actually getting the same per tile bonuses that a Golden Age grants you (again, contingent on what exactly it is you are building). Also know that Militaristic Wonders/Small wonders can be built while your economy is mobilzed (AFAIK this only affects Universal Suffrage, the Pentagon, and maybe the Military Academy, but any militaristic wonders that occur after Nationalism that a modder tosses in could count, too).

Another part of mobilization is that you don't necessarly need to cease ALL war to get out of mobilization. If you are at war with two seperate civs and negotiate peace with just one of your foes, you can cease your mobilization while remaining at war with the other. Perhaps this is the reason why an AI civ will make peace with one half of an MPP only to attack their ally on the same turn and trigger the MPP again, it resets their mobilizaiton. Or it could just be that the AIs are nut cases when it comes to the Industrial Era and beyond.
            -CC

Comment

Re: It's llike a Golden Age

Originally posted by Carbon Copy
              Or it could just be that the AIs are nut cases when it comes to the Industrial Era and beyond.
              My vote is for nut cases. Hi Soren.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Speaking of this, I think I read in an early preview about peace-time mobilization, that would make military units more expencive, and increase the production for other improvements. Was this another typo, or was it taken out? (I think it would be very bad for gamebalance)
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X