AI can see my subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI can see my subs

I think the AI certanly cheats on this. Somehow, they can always see my sub, even if all they have is ironclad. They managed to go out and intercepted my subs, and even bombard them with canon.
    Another thing is, in my game, I modified subs to have attack 16 and defense 8, while ironclads are 8.6, somehow, AI's ironclad managed to win 80% of the time (i'm not kidding, it is really 80%).
    This is ridiculous, Firaxis gotta fix this.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

80% as in 4 out of 5, or 80% as in 80 out of 100? We've all seen wierd combat results, but if your's are any reasonable number of samples, I can't explain them.

And, yes, it's also generally understood that the AI can see everything. I you _really_ want something to be a secret, only talk about it in a one of the mini space pods in the hanger. That should work, unless Firaxis can program the AI to lip-read. (sorry about the strained 2001:ASO reference)
    "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

IIRC, the Firaxians claimed that AI ships could spot your subs prepatch and that this was a bug. This was supposedly fixed in 1.16f.

As for skewed combat results...take heart in the knowledge that you are not the only one who feels this way. You are not alone.
      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
      -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

"This is ridiculous, Firaxis gotta fix this.".

That's my feeling about a whole LOT of things in Civ III - the cheating AI being just one part.

Comment

I don't mind the AI cheating. But this kind of cheating is just too obvious.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
          X