Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the leaders in Civ3 are really thinking about!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nato
    Well the original post got one (and probably only one) thing right ... it used the word "croissont".
    Well, I think you might have missed the point of this thread entirely, but that's okay.
    ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Originally posted by nato
      Well the original post got one (and probably only one) thing right ... it used the word "croissont".

The French language is composed entirely of just four phrases:

1. Croissont
      2. Beret
      3. Sacre Bleu
      4. Retreat! It is zee Germans!

All different meanings are derived simply by changing the intonation and emphasis of those four phrases, such as "CROIssont" instead of "croissONT".

Edit: Additionally the phrase "Cordon Bleu" can be found occassionally, but only in technical manuals and other advanced writings.
      1 - It's "croissAnt".
      2 - The béret is now very rarely seen.
      3 - "Sacrebleu" has not been used in France for more than a century.
      4 - That's another lovely cultural difference between nations. The French way to deal with Germans is to retreat. The American way is to see elsewhere letting friendly nations fighting dictatorship and only comes in when they feel that their interests are threatened
      Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

You're right Minuteman, sorry for the pseudo thread jacking. I saw the word Croissont and lost it. Its kind of a joke word in my group.

I have enjoyed your pictures though, especially the desert one.

Akka le Vil, I was just joking around, but you have a good point. I have always firmly believed America should have entered the war as soon as France and Britain got in so much trouble.

I am a little heartbroken to hear about the demise of the beret and sacre bleu though...
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman

Creepy!! Creepy!!

I'll have you know that in some third-world countries, it's considered an act of sheer genius to be able to perfect playing Civ III with only one hand.
          And where pray tell is the other hand wandering?

Does your wife know about Joan?

Great Pics! Great Humor! Love the Desert/Settler pic!
          sum dum guy

Comment

Working...
          X