UU upgrading bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UU upgrading bug

1.17f added the ability to upgrade to UUs, but in my last game it didn't work. I've never played as the Americans before, so maybe it's something specific to them, but I couldn't upgrade fighters to F-15s. In fact, F-15s didn't even make fighters obsolete at all, I could still build them after I discovered rocketry. Is this normal?

I think it's a bug in the patch. They released a new one with a changed .bic file. Not sure if it's up on here, but it is on the firaxis site I believe.

Comment

This is presumably a bug, but it was not fixed by the updated BIC file that Firaxis released on 15 Feb. Even in the updated BIC file, there is no upgrade path to F-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Would
        This is presumably a bug, but it was not fixed by the updated BIC file that Firaxis released on 15 Feb. Even in the updated BIC file, there is no upgrade path to F-15.
        Nero's right
        ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Did you make sure to click the "upgrade unit" box? You can change the unit that any given unit will upgrade to, but unless you tell it that it actualy _can_ upgrade, it can't...
          Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Cory
            Did you make sure to click the "upgrade unit" box? You can change the unit that any given unit will upgrade to, but unless you tell it that it actualy _can_ upgrade, it can't...
            You can, but you need to use the hotkey to do so. "U" or "CTRL + U".
            Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by N. Machiavelli

You can, but you need to use the hotkey to do so. "U" or "CTRL + U".
              No, i I meant in the editor. You need to tell the unit that it is alowed to upgrade in the editor. Then you can use the "U" or "CTRL + U" command in game...
              Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Re: UU upgrading bug

Originally posted by TinCow
                1.17f added the ability to upgrade to UUs, but in my last game it didn't work. I've never played as the Americans before, so maybe it's something specific to them, but I couldn't upgrade fighters to F-15s. In fact, F-15s didn't even make fighters obsolete at all, I could still build them after I discovered rocketry. Is this normal?
                I just had a look at the editor, and you're right, there's no path to the F-15 from the fighter. I think the way to fix that is to set the Jet Fighter to upgrade to the F-15, but I'm not sure if that would mean that the other nations could no longer build them, or any type of jet fighter for that matter. I'm not sure what happens in the event of a UU, anybody able to answer this for me? I play the always play Americans so I'd like to work that out somehow.

Comment

I just had a look at the editor, and you're right, there's no path to the F-15 from the fighter. I think the way to fix that is to set the Jet Fighter to upgrade to the F-15, but I'm not sure if that would mean that the other nations could no longer build them, or any type of jet fighter for that matter. I'm not sure what happens in the event of a UU, anybody able to answer this for me? I play the always play Americans so I'd like to work that out somehow.
                  making the fighter upgrade to the F-15 to the jet fighter works just fine so changing isn't a problem

Comment

Originally posted by korn469

making the fighter upgrade to the F-15 to the jet fighter works just fine so changing isn't a problem
                    OK, that makes sense. I guessed they just missed that one when they did they upgrade paths.

Comment

Working...
                    X