Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACooper
    No, but Libertarian does.
    Now I might be wrong here, but it seems to me like you're itching to start something. It's been nice and peaceful around here since the patch came out, can't we just leave it at that? Why try and stir things up by laying down such an obvious gauntlet?

Comment

Perhaps there is a correlation between the perceived mental challenge of the game and the number of straight hours you've been playing (or reading forums for that matter).

I've noticed that after 12 hours of game play I tend to forget about crossing i's and dotting t's . . . err. . you know what I mean.
      Wis Ort | Quas Lor | Vas Wis Ylem | In Wis | An Sanct Lor | Vas In Sanct | Port Ort Wis | An Tym

Comment

There is definately a correlation there.

I hoowever notice that mental challeneg change as the game progresses. I play monarch, and I think starting is usually enough of a challenge, especially when you have a plan and the AI forces you to adapt and war and bla bla bla. However, I think that once I'm in the industrial age I get to a point where I am a micro management perfectionist and while this takes loads of time in standardisation of defences and production, it's not what I call mentally challenging, actually tedious. Once you are organised there are not many wars beyond the industrial age that I can't handle. At this point I COULD write an essay as I play. I frequently do as I usually play a HUGE map with everybody and that takes AGES between turns.

I don't really like using the AI workers or governors, as I don't think it's as good as it was in SMAC, they make loads of mistakes. Ofcourse sometimes I'm forced to as it takes SO long to micro manage 60+ cities...

Comment

Civ3 has enough strategic depth to keep me satisfied. Of course, as aahz_capone pointed out, strategic decision-making and planning slowly vanishes throughout the game, because when you get to the industrial era, the game is already won (or lost), most of the time.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
          X