Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.17 fun factor

hi

i took everyones advice and tried civ3 before i bought..i didn't find the same fun factor as ac or civ2.

i had to give it back to my friend. i was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's now more balanced and fun with the new patch?

tom

Re: 1.17 fun factor

Originally posted by tomdy2k

i took everyones advice and tried civ3 before i bought..i didn't find the same fun factor as ac or civ2.

i had to give it back to my friend. i was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's now more balanced and fun with the new patch?
    That's hard to tell since you don't say why you found CIV3 less fun. The general impression is that the patch has made the game better to play, but if you disliked CIV3 because you couldn't use your old tactics and ways of playing, then that's still true. 1.17 isn't a CIV3 to CIV2 patch.
    If you cut off my head, what do I say:
    Me and my body or me and my head?

Comment

no

my biggest problem was things like unit balance where a strong unit could be taken down by a much weaker unit....and the diplomacy was pretty non existant..

tom

Comment

Combat is the same, diplomacy only got a minor change AFAIK.
        Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Yeah, I find the new patch makes me think more, and makes things a little more difficult. No crazy despot rushing (annoying constant clicking) which means I have to think a bit more about my city placement early on. Huts were apparently made more powerful, but that seems to have been 'fixed' (not a good thing IMO). Anyway, the new patch makes deity a bit harder, but I think they should reduce despot rush unhappiness back down to 20 turns. As it is it's almost worthless to rush at all, except in taxman cities.

Comment

Working...
          X