No announcement yet.

Rage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the AI cheats like hell. And replies to your post saying "use the editor"
    arn't really helpfull.

The combat engine (especially Naval combat) is frustrating but Firaxis didn't have time to provide all the necessary units to give realistic combat values to each unit. They were on a time limit and it just ran out, unfortunate, but it can't be helped.

There are lots of missing steps, like missing teeth on a cog wheel, that produce jarring results. [WWII Tank unit looses to a Pikeman unit fortified on a hill etc]

Civ III is using whole intergers, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc to describe attack/defense values - really they should taken to one decimal place i.e. 1.2, 2.7, 3.4, 4.6 etc

If there were more units, with far more choice over attack/defense values
    then the weird results would dissappear. There is also a need for a look up table to apply special modification for special units, i.e. tanks v infantry in a city should be under a noticable dissadvantage.

Having said all that, there is no need to use such foul language [even with £$% etc - we can still read it] on a message board. There could be kids reading the CIV III boards - it is just NOT ACCEPTABLE.

If you go on using it, the moderators [I am not one of them] would be quite justified in a ban.

It only distracts from some of the valid points you did make. Nuff said?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
      Do you know a game where the AI doesn't cheat? I dont:
      -Starcraft, AI has a map hack for sure
      -CS bots have wall hacks
      -Max payne, at high levels it takes forever to kill an enemy and only one bullet for him to kill you
      -Need for speed, Grand Prix, nascar, all the AI have Catch ups from medium and up
      And I could go on and on.
      I'll add Total Annihilation and Rebellion to the list.

To most programmer, leting the AI cheat is easier to program then acutally making them smarter. Could you imagin what would happen if somone made a game that the AI didn't cheat? The world would be in one large riot. Before you know it, our world would be like the book 1984. So heaven forbid some C++ programer acutally sits down and makes a smart AI.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by KoenigMkII

Civ III is using whole intergers, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc to describe attack/defense values - really they should taken to one decimal place i.e. 1.2, 2.7, 3.4, 4.6 etc
        The game does use numbers at least to the second decimal, not whole integers, that was confirmed by Soren. You just can't set them in the editor. It only comes into play with the terrain bonuses.

Comment

Working...
        X