How do I establish a sea route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I establish a sea route?

I'm on one continent, the Chinese on another. I have at least one harbour on my continent and I've managed to plunk a little village down on the Chinese continent and built a harbour there. I have installed roads that connect to the Chinese roads which, I can see quite plainly, lead to their capital, Beijing.

I am swimming in luxuries and want to trade with them but I get the message "Until we establish a sea route, we cannot trade." What more do I have to do?

I am limited to galleys at this point which sink most of the time trying to make the trans-oceanic journey.

Thanks for your advice.
    Jack

You need astronomy and navigation to establish routes across sea squares, I believe.

Comment

Ahh, thank you, Dr. I for one love thee.
      Jack

Comment

You might just need astronomy so check it out when you get that.

Comment

There must be harbors in both cities. The route must not go through the territory of a civ you are in war with.

- If the route goes over coastal tiles, but not sea or ocean, you need Map Making.

- If the route goes over at least one sea tile, but not ocean, you need Astronomy or need to have built the Great Lighthouse.

- If the route goes over at least ocean tile, you need either Navigation or Magnetism.

Comment

Working...
          X