Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they making the game worse with each successive patch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they making the game worse with each successive patch?

I'm not talking about the good things like stacked movement etc.

I'm talking about changes designed to make the game even harder.

I'm not a masochist. I'm a sadist. I like to dish it out, not take it .

I miss the good ole' days when games were fun. Not designed to punish me for being a human. Sometimes I wish I was a dumb artificial intelligence entity and not a human. Nobody likes us smart humans . Ohh the descrimination.

WTF!!

This is the part of the thread where I point out the obvious.

There are ways to adjust the difficulty level. Like, you know, the difficulty level buttons when you start a game.
    Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

yeah I thought about that.

even though I had no trouble beating chieftan, I am a hardcore civ player after all.

but what about the casual gamer? Chieftan should be beatable by them without too much trouble.

So I think the difficulty levels are f*cked up. I can see making diety impossile. And Emporer nearly impossible. And chieftan should be ridiculously easy. And the other levels should be scaled accordingly.

Comment

If I still had the game, I'd put the difficulty screen though Photoshop for you so you could pretend you started on a different level. I'd even take requests for what you want the names to be. I like the old Doom stuff, like "I'm a wimp." Or "Bring it on!" Sorry, though. The best I can do is, well, nothing ... really.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

And here I thought Yins old avatar was bad.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
            X