Poll: Favourite landform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Favourite landform?

What sort of landmass do you like best? Do you like a Pangaea with lots of land, so you can have a good culture-fest with your neighbours? Or do you like Archipelago with lots of water so you can have lots of naval warfare? Tell about your preferences!
    Pangaea, 60% ocean
    3.92%
    Pangaea, 70% ocean
    5.88%
    Pangaea, 80% ocean
    9.80%
    Continents, 60% ocean
    11.76%
    Continents, 70% ocean
    25.49%
    Continents, 80% ocean
    15.69%
    Archipelago, 60% ocean
    7.84%
    Archipelago, 70% ocean
    5.88%
    Archipelago, 80% ocean
    5.88%
    I play a variety of landforms for the challenge.
    7.84%
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Well I'm in my first Pangea game atm and my god it's crazy..
    Tech just goes at the speed of light

I like Continents with lots of land
    Up The Millers

Comment

Depends on what kind of game I'm looking for. I usually go for more ocean because I find that at the level I'm playing at (Monarch) I cannot compete with the AI city expansion. With less land, I can compete easier and have a much better chance at securing my landmass.

The type of landmass largely depends on what kind of game I want to play. If I want a military game, there's nothing to it but pangea. Secure your rear, then keep that rolling line of troops moving forward over everything in your way. If I want a perfectionist-style city and culture game, I go for archipelago... that way it's real easy to secure your island(s). Then it's all trade, diplomacy, and the ocassional island-hopping campaign to secure strategic locations. If I'm looking for a good late-game super-power showdown, I go for continents. In a continents game, one or two civs tend to dominate each continent (depending on size). By mid industrial, it's me on my large continent and some other guy on his large continent, with a couple poor shmucks exiled to smaller islands in the middle. That makes for some nice Cold War style rivalries.

My vote goes to 70% ocean archipelago because I'm currently in the middle of a perfectionist game streak.

Comment

The bottom one for me, I like random maps
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I play 3 different types of games.

- "Ancient", with participating Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome, Persia, Zululand, India and China, on a pangea 70% map, arid, warm, 4 billion years (about 1/3)

- "Modern", with participating America, France, Germany, England, Russia, and 3 of Iroquois, Zululand, India, China, Japan, on a continents 70% map, normal humidity and temperature, 4 billion years (about 1/2 -- *vote*)

- "Surprise", all random (the rest)

Comment

I like the Garland Crater, Mount Planet, and the Geothermal Shallows.

I don't like the Borehole Cluster, which reminds me of the Firaxis Fanboys we have around here.

Random maps and playing a random civ. Be all you can be.

Comment

Working...
            X