This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.17 version problem

i just installed the new 1.17 patch and i went on to play a game and the trainer that i use that does add 10,000 gold, hurry always on, and 1 turn research that i use if i wanna hurry up and get something built, doesn't work right any more. the add 10,000 gold works and i think the 1 turn research does but the always hurry doesn't cause instead of a lit green box its a red x-ed out one and it wont let me choose it now for some reason but when i uninstalled back to 1.16f version of civ3 then it works fine again so why is not working on the new patch???

you dirty cheat
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

'cause the trainer tries to modify values in fixed memory registries. The patch puts those values in other registries so with the patched game the trick doesn't work.

Careful, it could also crash your game.

Comment

Actual that would be also a purpose for a patch, to make trainers don't work anymore. But actual it is very simple some code was to the *.exe added somewhere and now your trainer can't find the values anymore that should be modified. So you have to make a new one or download from somewhere a version for the latest patch.

However I prefer to play the game without extra cheats, as a player you can find the gaps very fast to exploit them. And that is more fun to cheat "legally".

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I love it... somebody complaining about the 1.17 patch because his cheat program no longer works...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X