So, how's the new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libertarian
    Well, the list looked good. But the devil is in the details.
    What's this Lib? Not taking credit for all the things in the patch anymore?

I thought my 12 year old daughter was fickle.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I knew all along not to download the patch yet. The last patch was better than this one I think.
      "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Well, I decided to install the new patch and I am having more fun than before. The stacked movement helps a lot and the AI seems more agressive and interesting to deal with. Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

[Waiting for Lib to come and mock the hell out of me... How could I like this patch?]
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It works fine for me. I know there are still flaws to game and there will always be but it really improves the games playability.
          And Lib., are you never satisfied? If the game was perfect, why would we want a Civ4?! That's why we dont use stones to build houses no more, wood is lighter and easier to work with...the same goes for everything else...It's called EVOLUTION.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Okay. I'll check back in a few million years.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Oh my god

I'll never understand why they didn't take SMAC's diplomacy system.

I mean, ****, you could do even more stuff in SMAC than in CIV3, what's the deal with that !?

Comment

The AI is not more aggressive using 1.17f - just won a game at monarch with war being declared on me just once.

Trade seemed fine, except that to start trading you have to have something that they want - I had to work hard to get a tech no-one else had, but after that they were happy to trade tech, maps, resources

Although it hasn't been mentioned officially, it looks as if techs come faster under 1.17f, especially the optional techs in each age
                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                  Okay. I'll check back in a few million years.
                  ...and yet another great argument to make your point....

Lib. you make me laugh.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I think I'll give it a try in a week or so, just in case something unexpected comes up...

What is the name of the file where the high scores/prefs./etc are saved into ? (as a backup, just in case I have to re-install the whole game).

Comment

I don't know what people are talking about when they say the AI is more agressive. The other countries _love_(d) me. Then I was snookered into a war with Japan (Mutual protection pact with India). So I thought to myself: "Great! I can test out those ICBMs" Boy, a couple of those, and suddenly the whole _world_ was at war with me. Of course, since I nuked the whole world, that didn't amount to much...
                      Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Working...
                      X