large amount of money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large amount of money

I'm not sure if this is particularly strange, but its strange for me...

I was playing along, 5 techs behind the leaders, rushing for scientific method and hoping for the best. I got scientific method and had to build it early as someone built universal sufferage and i had to switch before i wanted to (noone else had SM).

So i went to see how much it would cost to grab all the techs i was behind on, to come out in the lead in 1 turn.

I ended up with all 5 techs and 20 gold from the russians for SM, 50 odd gpt from the english and the same from rome.

I then sold steel for similarly huge amounts, going to 70gpt to england and 50ish to russia and rome

Now that should slow down their research a little bit...
    Maybe its due to the 'more aggressive' tech trading post patch?

Anyone else get absurdly large amounts of money or other goods for 1 or 2 techs?

I don't usually go so far but I have had 30 gpt + 300 gold, world maps, and a lux (silks) just for chemistry I think, but that may be because I'd just crushed that civ in a war.

Comment

the most recent patch removed an absolute injustice which allowed the A.I. to trade tech's during *YOUR* turn, so right after you traded a tech away they got a chance to trade with a few others. this was an absolute crock and thievery in my humble opinion. thank god it was removed and we can get the most out of trading now....

Comment

Yeah that was very annoying, I think patch 1.16 put it in actually.

Comment

This is happening because of all those complaints about tha AIs trading techs during the player's turn (which is now removed from the game). I dont really know if its good or bad
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

i realise that but before the patch i used to be able to trade a tech a couple or more times before they'd all suddenly have it and i'd never got quite that much gold out of 1 tech before

Comment

Working...
            X