Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scary: 1.17 or my first time at failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary: 1.17 or my first time at failure?

I was playing a game, and I closed it up to download the new version 1.17. When I reopened the game, the first thing that happened was a REDUCTION of borders due to cultural decline!

I have NEVER seen this before! Borders for me only got bigger, never smaller... Now, I am playing a bit more of the militant game this time, so this could be it, but I wasn't sure. Am I just failing culturally for the first time, or is this a new addition to the game?

If it is new, I think it makes sense...
    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Never heard of this before.... how can culture decrease? Did you build "negative-culture" buildings?

If it is a new addition, I can see how it could be useful...

Steele
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

You must havve been playing as the Americans. We are always hearing about how our culture is in decline.
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

i've seen the message before, but ONLY when i was screwing with the border factor... if you set it to 8 and play for a while, and then raise it to 9 or 10, some borders will obviously shrink, and the game has a message for it. but i don't see how it could possibly happen in a regular game.
        it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

pauli, you've solved the mystery!

A while ago, I reset the border factor to 5... as a result, when i installed the patch, it reset all of the values back to their default forms. So it went from 5 to 10, so of course, i was immediately going to get a message like that. Thanks for the help.
          Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

You must havve been playing as the Americans. We are always hearing about how our culture is in decline.

That is too funny!

Comment

Working...
            X