Real Cheesy trick against AI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Cheesy trick against AI.

I found a really cheesy trick to do to the AI. When I get to a certain point in the game my workers have nothing to do but to clear pollution. So last night I thought of someting great. I negociated a right of passage with the Persians and sent workers on his territory and started planting forest everywhere close to his cities. After about 10 to 15 turns all his cities were starving and all the pops dropped to like 5 and 6! They were all 15 to 20 cities!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This trick must be very useful in deity...The AI's not the only one who can play cheap! hehehehe

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Gotta love public works
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Here's another one - and it's really useful at the start of the game. Build (at least) 3 warriors and send them over to hem-in your neighbours outgoing settler. Invariably it will move back and forth as you counter with your units to block its path, that is until it gives up trying to get to that location and chooses another one. With this "tactic" you can really slow down your opponents growth.
      Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
      ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Sweet!
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Dude! What's mine say?
          "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
            Dude! What's mine say?
            What?

Comment

Sweet...whats mine say?

Comment

DUDE!!!

....god I'm an ass....

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                  Dude! What's mine say?

Quite.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I FINALLY got it! You guys are going back and forth with your posts, just like your units do with the AI Settler!!!

(Well, it took a minute or two anyway)
                    (I mean, like you guys don't have any NEED for the extra post counts)

Comment

Lib became King a couple of days ago... So that's 187 posts in 2-3 days?

Comment

My god is that possible? I thought I was doing well with 20.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
                          My god is that possible? I thought I was doing well with 20.
                          I remember a poster over at some other site that made it 1000 in one day, just to be able to pick his/her/its own avatar.

I'm not in a rush, I'm happy with mine.
                          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Must have been a long day.

Comment

My own cheesy trick:

1) Get Right Of Passage with targeted civ(s).
                              2) Whenever a resource-revealing tech is dicovered, look for unroaded resource squares in those civs.
                              3) Send strong defensive units to those squares
                              4) When they arrive, never move them again.

I call Permanently Innocently Parking, or PIP, for short.

(I've traded iron, saltpeter and horses to civs that actually had them in their territory, by using this)
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X