Updated Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Editor

A newer version of the editor was included in the patch than should have been. I've sent it to MarkG and we'll be updating civ3.com as soon as possible.

Jeff

Does this mean we'll need to re-download and re-install?
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

What's different about this editor than the 'official' one?

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
        Does this mean we'll need to re-download and re-install?
        Good question!

Comment

Does this mean modders will have access to some advanced editor features that may or may not work??
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This should clarify some things:

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

A newer version of the editor was included in the patch by mistake. Version 1.17f can't handle BIC files saved by this editor. Jeff sent an updated editor for version 1.17f to MarkG. This editor is slightly newer than the one that was supposed to be released with the 1.17f patch (and includes improved river support and improved undo/redo; neither of which was in the readme). If it's not available for download yet at Apolyton you can get it at CivFanatics. I don't think it's on the Infogrames ftp site yet but it will be put up asap.

Why there always need to be some error on first day of patch release?

Comment

Because Murphy was right.

And if we want to get technical, the first day of patch release is tomorrow, so this doesn't really count, does it?

Dan
              Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.
              --------------------------

Comment

Just noticed this problem when messing around with scenarios. You say the patch is available on CivFanatics? I shall go and check
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The updated editor is also now available as a "local" download from the Apolyton server (see CivIII section).

-----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Posted t his already at the patch site, I recon it needs to be here...

As I was jumping through the CS Units I noted that some of them were upgrading wrong or not at all. And this is even with the updated editor that I got off the main page.

1. Legions are upgrading to Immortals.
                    2. Immortals have no upgrade.
                    3. Rider upgrading to Samurai.
                    4. Samurai upgrading to War Elephants.
                    5. Swordman are upgrading to Legionaries.
                    6. Horseman to mounted warriors.
                    7. Musketman to Musketeer
                    8. Knight to Rider
                    9. Cavalry to Cossak

Just FYI....

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      The updated editor is also now available as a "local" download from the Apolyton server (see CivIII section).

-----------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      If you/Markos zips it it will only be 916 kB (not 2.2 MB)
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                        If you/Markos zips it it will only be 916 kB (not 2.2 MB)
                        correct, here it is

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Avahz_D
                          Posted t his already at the patch site, I recon it needs to be here...

As I was jumping through the CS Units I noted that some of them were upgrading wrong or not at all. And this is even with the updated editor that I got off the main page.

1. Legions are upgrading to Immortals.
                          2. Immortals have no upgrade.
                          3. Rider upgrading to Samurai.
                          4. Samurai upgrading to War Elephants.
                          5. Swordman are upgrading to Legionaries.
                          6. Horseman to mounted warriors.
                          7. Musketman to Musketeer
                          8. Knight to Rider
                          9. Cavalry to Cossak

Just FYI....
                          That's a trick long ago discovered by someone at Apolyton.
                          Maybe korn?

To make units upgradeable to UU.

Comment

That's a trick long ago discovered by someone at Apolyton.
                            Maybe korn?

To make units upgradeable to UU
                            actually E_T was the first to discover this, but i think i was the first to point it out to firaxis, maybe not though, who knows

though from more extensive testing it is better if the CSUs upgrade to the normal unit, like this

horsemen --> riders --> samurai --> elephants --> knights --> cossasks --> cavalry

i haven't downloaded 1.17f to test it out yet, but if CSUs can't upgrade, then does that mean the upgrade train from horsemen to knights is now broken?

Comment

I downloaded from Firaxis.com at 10pm EST on Thursday. Do I have the correct version?

Comment

Working...
                              X