• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the patch looks promising, but it's too soon to tell
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Patch

"* It is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units. "

If this is true, then I will start playing Civ III again. This was, IMHO, the worst part about Civ III. I hated capturing enemy cities and then losing my entire army due to cultural reversion the next turn.

Has anyone gotten a feel for how large the garrison needs to be to suppress this" And, can a large garrison now prevent your own cities from falling to enemy cultures? If so, this will give the more militaristic governments a strong hand as they tend to have larger garrisons for the police bonus.

If someone conducts some trials to determine the formula for the anti-culture garrison, please post it. I would hate to still lose my army just because I was one unit short.
      Kyle Goodridge
      University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Comment

See this thread. The answer's in there, I believe.
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

The patch looks great!

For a while now, I had a feeling something was missing while walking around on deck with a peg leg and a parrot on my shoulder. Now that I have the patch it seems like everything has come together for me! I no longer feel pretentious when saying "Aaaargh, Matey!" or "Shiver me timbers!"

Comment

Re: Re: This poll is biased!

Originally posted by Libertarian

Moronic. Submoronic.

You have these new features thanks to the critics. The ones who ought to be ashamed are the spineless sycophants who argued that nothing was wrong with the game.

This patch is our vindication, thank you very much.

You have these new features thanks to the fine folks at Firaxis. Really, do you feel that special? You did not do one thing towards completing these feature.

Nobody argued that nothing was wrong with the game. Our arguments were that the whiners whined consistantly and obnoxiously about whatever their pet issue was.

Feel free to pat yourself on the back, but in the end you did nothing.
            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I might skip it, since there is a prob with the editor, and I have edited a lot of maps. Unless they release somthing like 1.7g that is like 1.17f but supports the current editor.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thrawn05, do you mean something like this?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: This poll is biased!

Originally posted by ACooper

Nobody argued that nothing was wrong with the game. Our arguments were that the whiners whined consistantly [sic] and obnoxiously about whatever their pet issue was.
                  Well, it's crystal clear what your pet issue is. Try to get a grip, won't you?

Comment

Finaly!!! A positive attitude on Apolyton! I thought I'd never see this day! Even Libertarian is, somewhat happy! AND I GOT STACK MOVEMENTS!!! YAY!!!

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

or is he?.....
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Certainly, Spec. All the critics are happy that we've brought you such improvements as stack movement. It is your gratitude and kind words that have fueled us.

Comment

Certainly, Spec. All the critics are happy that we've brought you such improvements as stack movement. It is your gratitude and kind words that have fueled us.
                          Please give it up. These types of comments are ludicrous and serve no purpose. Face it, you didn't do Sh*t
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Thank YOU man. If it weren't for YOU then the game would still suck (like it ever did) Libertarian, leader of Firaxis and master know it all of Civ3, I bow to you and all other great whinners!!

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                            X