This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its 7:18 on Friday, wheres my Patch :doitnow!:

When is this patch coming, I've checked the civ3 website for the last 7 hours!
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

GGGrrrraawwwrrrall.

Move to New York.

Salve
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You've been online all night?
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'm sure they mean US Eastern time. That's sort of the world standard, isn't it?
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

No, GMT is. US Eastern time is US standard, and should be shunned at all costs.
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well, I meant de facto, not de jure.

Comment

Now you're just being silly. Or deliberately provocative.

Comment

I can't tell if the original poster is serious or not.

In case you are, when it does get released, I wouldn't be surprised if it is afternoon by the time it's released anyway. So given that it's 1:35 p.m. US Eastern time right now, another 24 hours or more is not out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by volcanohead
                  Now you're just being silly. Or deliberately provocative.

I don't intend to be either. Sorry. But doesn't it make sense that a Maryland company would speak in terms of US Eastern time to an entire universal set of aspondents?

Comment

*pretends to be well-educated and well-read*

Originally posted by Libertarian
                    Well, I meant de facto, not de jure.
                    Oh, right, of course

Comment

It is the de facto standard because Firaxis is in the EST and not in some time-warped place that is already into the day after next.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
                        I can't tell if the original poster is serious or not.

In case you are, when it does get released, I wouldn't be surprised if it is afternoon by the time it's released anyway. So given that it's 1:35 p.m. US Eastern time right now, another 24 hours or more is not out of the question.

So you're telling me that I might have to wait until Saturday.
                        The time now is: 07:41 Friday, 15 Febuary 2002.
                        I live in New Zealand (+13) in case you're wondering.
                        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                          I don't intend to be either. Sorry. But doesn't it make sense that a Maryland company would speak in terms of US Eastern time to an entire universal set of aspondents?
                          Ah, yeah. It does. Maybe they could say Friday - 2pm EST.

Comment

It's not just US EST. It extends into Canada (and maybe Brazil).

BTW. It's not US standard time in any event. If I remember correctly, the time zones were devised by a Canadian.

So to be correct. It's Canadian EST.

Salve
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Maybe they could say Friday - 2pm EST.
                              Probably would have been best.

[...patting Canada's head to make it happy... ]

(We truly are a big gorilla, aren't we?)

Comment

Working...
                              X