I am cursed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am cursed!

OK, I am all for coincidences and all, BUT!

Last night I proposed a massive bombardment of Hunt Valley utilizing back yard catapults and the unlimited range bombardment bug (hold down *b*). THEN those clever folks at Firaxis decide to release a patch which will no doubt nullify our unlimited range. And they release that very patch on the very day of the proposed bombardment! Coincidence? I think NOT.

Futhermore, I'll bet they use the proposed bombardment as their excuse to deflect any criticism of an unfinished patch! Ha! I knew they would. *Yeah but, we didn't want to get pelted with cabbages!* Hurumph! I've seen right through them.

However, that is not all! No, not by any long-shot is that all. It gets better. Or worse, depending on your point of view.

OK. So I'm reading yet another verrrry long thread where some critic posts a full 90 lines. Then some critic of critics posts a 180 line reply, which, you guessed it, quotes most of the first 90 lines. Then the critic replies, then the critic of critics...

So, in a moment of desperation, I appeal to the patron saint of the critics. I cry *Lib, why hast thou forsaken us?* I'm thinking to myself, at least that guy knows the elegance of brevity. These guys could use a lesson or two.

Pooof. Faster than you can say Lazerus, the arch critic returns to dwell once more among us.

So last night I formulate the master plan for all of us to besiege Firaxis and have our way with them. Pooof! Tactic made obselete. And on that very same night, I invoke the spirit of a long lost mythical figure, and Pooof! There he is.

Am I cursed? Ever heard of the sad man who got everything he wished for, but with a twist?

Salve
    and welcome back Lib.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

[...shrug...]

The whole universe is nothing more than a quantum fart after all.

(Thanks for the welcome.)
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Got your tin foil hat?

Salve
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I have the one that Elvis recently gave me at a Burger King in Memphis.

Comment

Is that the one the Firaxians moonlight in?

Salve
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

I really cannot comment on that as I am under surveillance by the CIA and the Illuminati, and could be abducted at any mo

Comment

Hmmm. I know how it feels.

With me it's Ninjas. Can't see them in the dark.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Ouch. I'd like to see thinner anal probes in the next patch.

Comment

Your're getting close to dangerous territory again, aren't you?

Salve
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Probably. A, um, Marked man is always on the edge.

Comment

Well, Lib. Some people determine their own fate.

Salve
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

the bombardment is a silly bug for cheats

Sooner it's gone the better...
                        Up The Millers

Comment

hey notyoueither, why don't you come up with a strategy for multiplayer and scenarios, and see if your curse still works.
                          "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Working...
                          X