No announcement yet.

State of Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The birth of the next big whine! Congrats! Can't wait to skim over your posts till the next patch.
    Yep, that's right. You just continue to sit back and contribute nothing. We'll take care of making sure the game gets better. After all, we don't expect leaders from among your ranks.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Lib, Lib, Lib. Come on.

How much influence do you think you have had while residing on the ignore lists of most of the Firaxians (I presume).

The truth is that reasonable people exist on both sides of the divide. I think that they may have been listened to. But to claim the gains of each patch as your own? Come on.

The fact is that something like group movement was being clamoured for by very many people.

OTOH, I think it is far more likely that most of the good ideas that were adopted from outside sources were probably suggested on civfanatics. I'm sorry to say it, but I think it is true.

OYAH (on yet another hand) if Poly becomes a less caustic environment for Firaxians, perhaps they will pay more attention here.

BTW, as I type this, there is a Civ3 commercial being played on CNN for at least the 3rd time in the last hour. How much attention do you think they really need to pay to the grognards when they are spending millions (?) on drawing in new players who have never heard of Civ, Civ2, CTP, CTP2 or SMAC?

Asbestos On!

Salve
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: State of Relations

Nice post Jimmytrick luv dat dry wit

&

Originally posted by TechWins
        ....Not to mention, Firaxis took away the factor of reputation from the game....
        I think reputation is still a factor in the game...it's just another one of those variables they've made invisible or vague to the player. I don't renege on deals much so I've never seen the dialogue the AI might present you with if you were to double-cross them a lot, anyone ?

EDIT: Oh wow - I've finally been upgraded to "Prince" , not as scary or intimidating as "Warlord" though
        Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
        ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Originally posted by MOHonor

The birth of the next big whine! Congrats! Can't wait to skim over your posts till the next patch.

Here is the definition of humor.
          Even you might notice that it differs from the definition of whining significantly.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy_Alpha
            Does anyone else agree with me that the ability to get resources from a civ as a requirement for peace is a Very Important Thing?
            Sorry, missed this bit before.

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to demand resources during the 'cease-fire' as part of the peace deal. However if I go to war with another civ who has a resource I need, and are in a position to beat them into submission, I will have already gone straight for their resource supply already and have secured it before going into a temporary peace.
            Well, thats normally the plan anyway

Finally, there is still a form of cease-fire even if it is different to Civ 2 - but most things in Civ 3 are different.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The fact is that something like group movement was being clamoured for by very many people.
              The fact is that I used the word "we".

Comment

Originally posted by Terser
                I envision something like we had in CivII--or something like the U.S. has in place in Iraq right now.
                There are specific lines of demarcation involved in Iraq. But I do see what you are getting at. It might make for good game play and I suppose there might be some historical justification.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Yeah, it would be nice to be able to demand resources during the 'cease-fire' as part of the peace deal
                  You can, if you contact the AI at the end of those 20 turns before he contacts you (usually on the following turn) - it means keeping an eye on the active trades though to see how many turns are left - which is awkward I agree.
                  Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
                  ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                    After all, we don't expect leaders from among your ranks.
                    My fault for assuming you were excluding a good number of the contributors to this forum.

My bad.

After all the fans contributed a good deal of suggestions for Firaxis. Right?

Salve
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

My fault for assuming you were excluding a good number of the contributors to this forum.
                      Well. See that you keep your wits about you in the future.

Comment

Holy Fr*ck, do you ever get up early. Uuuuggggg!

Must be something in that Southern air.

Salve
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                        X