an ai cheat:city building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an ai cheat:city building

why is it that the ai can build cities in my empire but when i try to build in their borders i get the option to declare war?
    if this is an ai cheat grrr in advance, but correct me if i am wrong.
    Just my 2p.
    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
    Which shows you learn something every day.
    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Are you sure that they build within your borders (during peace times)? I never saw that. But they often build cities directly next to your borders, and so they extend their own borders with that (at least before the patch). But normally you can cause these small Ai cities to flip the sides by strong culture ratings, so I don´t consider them a threat...
    Blah

Comment

I built a city once right outside their boarder, taking some of their land into mine. Then next turn Cathren got pissed.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        Are you sure that they build within your borders (during peace times)? I never saw that. But they often build cities directly next to your borders, and so they extend their own borders with that (at least before the patch). But normally you can cause these small Ai cities to flip the sides by strong culture ratings, so I don´t consider them a threat...
        Except that you eventually end up with these crappy cities that overlap their neighbours so much they all end up being useless. Or else go through the bother of starving them out of existance.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Except that you eventually end up with these crappy cities that overlap their neighbours so much they all end up being useless. Or else go through the bother of starving them out of existance.
          The only good thing I could see with cities like that, are that they are great for massing troops close to the border without alerting anyone. Also a nice place to return to heal after a long turn's battle.

And if you get a leader out of that battle, build a wonder to help keep your city and culture flip the one that has all of "YOUR" tiles.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I handle this by waiting for the city to flip (which almost always happens) then simply disbanding it.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
            X