just a begginer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a begginer question

how do i stop some sheilds from being wasted in towns?
    i have no sense of decency. that way all my other senses are inproved!

ive been watching alot of tv lately, almost the hole screen. theres so much nudity on there, i just sit there shaking my fist!

Aren't these questions what the Help forum is for?

Shortly as an answer:

The waste of shields (and the corruption) is an intended game concept to prevent you to build a too large empire. You have several methods to reduce it, but you can't get rid of it. There are 2 types: 1 - from distance to your palace, and 2 - from too many cities

- To fight the 1st type, you can build your "Forbidden Palace" in a decent place and it will work corruption-wise as a 2nd palace.

- You can build Courthouses and later Police stations in these cities. This will slightly reduce the corruption/waste.

- You can try to make your citizens there that happy, that they have a "We love the (whatever) day", it also reduces corruption/waste a bit.

- You can set the "optimal # of cities" in the editor to a higher value, and add "reduces corruption" abilities to buildings and wonders. Some people do this, I call it a cheat.

Comment

sorry i was expecting the help forum to be about technical difficulties, ill take my questions there then. oh and thanks for your reply.

ive been watching alot of tv lately, almost the hole screen. theres so much nudity on there, i just sit there shaking my fist!

Comment

No problem. You might also look up the Strategy forum. Not only the 1st page, but also deeper. There are some interesting threads about fighting corruption, optimal building of the Forbidden palace and many many strategic hints for beginners. It's worth the time, believe me .

Comment

isnt there a thng on this board that says how many posts youve made?

Comment

There is, it's called "User profile". Look up the icons above your posts, it's about in the middle.

Comment

janus,

if you go to the Strategy forum, make sure you read Vel's Strategy Thread. It's a very rich and detailed discussion about strategic aspects of Civ3, with a lot of useful hints to the beginner. Vel (Velociryx) is well respected on the community as a sort of "Strategy Master" and always has interesting ideas about the game.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Good hint. That is the link:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=37122

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  - You can set the "optimal # of cities" in the editor to a higher value, and add "reduces corruption" abilities to buildings and wonders. Some people do this, I call it a cheat.
                  Or you can use the Civ3MultiTool and create more versions of the Forbidden Palace, Courthouse etc. I prefer that route since I'll at least have to work at creating a large empire. Plus keeping the overall corruption levels fairly high slows the AI down as well.

BTW, there was a post a short while ago by Jeff from Firaxis in which he mentioned that there wuld be new game setup options in the new patch. So no doubt we'll be able to set the corruption levels to our liking. Some like it, some don't. It's mainly a preference issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                    Or you can use the Civ3MultiTool and create more versions of the Forbidden Palace, Courthouse etc. I prefer that route since I'll at least have to work at creating a large empire. Plus keeping the overall corruption levels fairly high slows the AI down as well.
                    Right, how could I forget about that?! I bow before the King of the Editor!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Right, how could I forget about that?! I bow before the King of the Editor!
                      Well I have a reputation to keep up now don't I?

Comment

I gave him/her the link to Vel's stratagy thread in another thread, but i think he/she needs more basis help. I'm sure some of your answers will be in the Manual tho Janus, it is a thick book.
                        Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by janus
                          isnt there a thng on this board that says how many posts youve made?
                          You can also get a rough idea from your title. You are now a Settler, but the more you post, the more "prestigious" your title becomes. I'm not sure but I think the highest is Emperor. It's not accurate but it gives you an idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X