Restarting civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting civs?

Well, first, a question: when a civ is eliminated on one side of the globe, is it restarted on the other side, as in Civ2? If not, I can see that there are pros and cons to this. On the one hand, it's cool to actually have primitave civs to encounter as you begin exploring the seas. On the other hand, it was really annoying trying to get a military victory when there was an innumerable number of outlying islands, and victory meant eliminating the city, meaning that every time a civ got eliminated, a new one would start somewhere else, and the only way to stop it was to found more and more cities.
    To those who understand,
    I extend my hand.
    To the doubtful I demand,
    Take me as I am.

AFAIK Civilizations don't restart in Civ3. I like this better than if they would.

Comment

Ralph is correct. I eliminated the Aztecs by 0 AD and they were never to be seen again.

Comment

Actually, I've seen civs to restart;however it is slightly different than in civ2.
        First, the eliminated civ restarts, not another civ with same color.
        It starts with some gold (usually 100) and multiple units, not just the settler.
        Since AI and you have to expand much faster than it used to be in civ2, usually there is no place to restart.

Comment

Working...
        X