favorite civ redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite civ redux

on a older thread somebody wanted to know fav civs and someone suggested that it be a poll. Here we are!
    romans
    9.30%
    germans
    6.98%
    french
    6.98%
    americans
    9.30%
    aztecs
    2.33%
    eygptians
    6.98%
    chinese
    4.65%
    japanese
    9.30%
    babylonians
    6.98%
    persians
    6.98%
    indians
    0.00%
    greeks
    9.30%
    russians
    9.30%
    english
    0.00%
    i like 'em all
    6.98%
    they all suck
    4.65%

I like the Greeks. I'm a builder, and between the cheap science improvements and the hoplite--which pretty much means early game invulnerability--I'm pretty happy with them.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Romans, natch.

Salve
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'd vote for Iroquis or Zulu, but I can't find them on the list Just joking, I picked the second last one, all civs has some good sides and bad sides, so it's hard to just pick one.

How about making it a multichoice poll instead, it will make desisions easier

I'd vote for: America, French, Greek and Egypts if it was a multipoll
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I've had some luck with the Japanese...

I get a lot of Great Leaders.
          The Golden Age usually comes at a good time.
          The ability to shift between governments from turn to turn.
          It's really cheap to rush build temples (either by money or lost pop)
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

About half of my games I play with "my" Germans (vote). Scientific is a good trait, and militaristic increases leader odds, and makes barracks, walls and harbors cheaper. Also I like the UU, it's very powerful and prevents me from an early GA. I mostly trigger my GA when I need it, with wonder building.

The other half I try out other civs, my favorites are Greeks, Egyptians, Babylonians and (since the 'Poly tournament #5) Zulu.

Comment

I give props to the patriots who voted for the Americans, but I'm sticking with the Japanese as all time favorite for all the reasons Ming gave plus the samurai.

Next the Germans, it's nice to play them just so I don't have to deal with Bismark and scientific is a good attribute.

Then the Babylonians but only if I feel like building for a change. Plus they're a sentimental favorite because they were the first I ever played.

Then the Aztecs. Same attributes as the Japanese, but best IMO on a crowded map.
              Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

It's got to be Iroquois.

Their UU can really dominate in the Ancient Age, and they are religious (usually a must for me.)

Therefore, I will not vote because they are not on the list.

Comment

Romans for me without a dought.

The UU IMO is the best in the game. Has a Shelf life of 2 whole ages really (Formidable attacker in Ancient times, Strong Defender in Middle ages).

I must try the greeks one time tho...
                  Up The Millers

Comment

On standard or larger size maps I usually play the French. Commercial is essential on large maps to reduce corruption, and I like to play on wet worlds with lots of jungles because I am guaranteed nice grassland in the longrun. In those situations, the faster workers makes early life alot easier. Also, though the French UU sucks arse, it comes along at an absolutely perfect time for a Golden Age. A mid-medieval age GA is incredibly profitable and it's pretty easy to send a couple musketeers out to the front lines to get that single victory, even if they're never used at any other time.

On small or tiny maps I like the Romans or Japanese.

Comment

I like the Iroquois - a strength 3 attack unit that early WITH the ability to retreat is excellent!!
                      Unfortunately they are not in the poll, so I went with the Aztecs, whos JWs really are great too
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

oops

sorry i forgot two civs. i was going to dig out the manual and just type in the list but i couldn't find it so i had to wing it. i asked the moderator to change the poll, but

Comment

the Persians, I love their Immortals
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

hehe, I was the first to do these polls. It just seemed like a good idea. 16 poll choices, 16 civs. What a good match.

In my poll India, and Zulus got the least votes. I believe France was #1.

my pick? The Japanese. militaristic and religious. What more can you want. What you don't have, you take. My first fav was the Aztec though. But their early uu gives too early a golden age for my tastes. Plus Japanese are only 1 tech away from Iron Working. It's nice to know where the Iron is while you are still founding new cities.

Comment

Still searching....
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X