Gamers complain ... always?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamers complain ... always?

I've been waiting for Medal of Honor: allied assault for a couple of weeks now (released later over 'ere for some smegged up reason). All excited about the final release, I wander over to the forums on www.mohaa.ea.com and what do I see but one complaint after another: it sucks; it's the worst game ever; it has bugs all over the place; has this thing been tested?; where are the reps?

It would explain the lack of reactions from Firaxis here: Gamers complain all the time. They will find something to complain about regardless of how good the game is. Best to ignore them. Eventually they'll find a new toy.
    Unfortunately, we'll also be ignored if we have good reason to complain.

Robert
    A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

I've read that article by Jeff Morris too.
    Last edited by DaShi; February 8, 2002, 04:20.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

hardcore computer gamers = whiners. Yes I realize I have insulted everyone on these boards including myself

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        hardcore computer gamers = whiners. Yes I realize I have insulted everyone on these boards including myself
        The unexamined life is not worth living. Another great quote.

At least you know yourself.

Salve
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I've browsed the same boards, Kailhun, and I can testify that in number and severity the complaints againt MoH: AA dwarf those leveled at CivIII. Also, unlike CivIII, MoH is not simply the critic's darling--it has garnered rave reviews from most players (including your's truly). That counts for far more than any "Editor's Choice Award" or 99%/10 star review in a gaming mag or on a website.

Probably haven't felt this satisfied with a game since the original Baldur's Gate.
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
          -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

wait, more or less complains about MOH?

Anyway, yes, it's true.

*whine*

ER

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

If you think that is bad, I had a moderator kick me out of a certain AL|EN v Predator forum only 'cause I had some probs with AvP2.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
              X