Short(!!) conversation with Mike B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that certainly was good of Mike.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Uh-uh. yin26 likes you. Hope you're up to date on your shots.
      MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

Comment

Well, I hope that editor is released in a patch, but, I suppose I'll put my faith in Firaxis.
        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
          I'm sure for legal reasons (and a great deal of past negative experiences here) that can't post exactly what they are working on. Many companies have non-disclosure aggreements that prohibit employees from talking about works in progress. (I don't know if this is true at Firaxis or not, but it is the norm at many companies.)
          If this is indeed the case, someone should mention it to Sid. He's been doing the Right Thing - talked about upcoming patches and what's in them - at the SimGolf web forum.

Now, Sid, being Sid, might possibly be in a position to take liberties no one else at Firaxis dares even dream about. But facts are that they do talk whenever Sid deems it nice to do and that they have explained their silence here with not wanting to raise undue hopes, as it were.

Which means that they think that the SimGolf audience is mature enough to deal with the vagaries of undelivered promises while the Civ audience isn't. I'm a bit amazed by that, but it's their call.

Doesn't mean I have to like it, though.

And I fully intened to show my appreciation for both the game delivered and their response polices as far as patching is considered with my wallet next time Firaxis releases a product.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper

Which means that they think that the SimGolf audience is mature enough to deal with the vagaries of undelivered promises while the Civ audience isn't. I'm a bit amazed by that, but it's their call.
            Why do so many people automatically instill their actions/inactions with some sort of motivation? You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, no one does. So how can you possibly jump to any conclusions as to why they're doing things as they are.

Comment

Which means that they think that the SimGolf audience is mature enough to deal with the vagaries of undelivered promises while the Civ audience isn't.
              or they are trying to increase interest for a game that has just been released (and which had no previous sequels or any big hype behind it and thus any kind of huge expectations)

a different situation, a different decision. nothing amazing
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That is definately true, the Civ audience is not mature enough.

At least not from the way things look around here.

edit:
                Another thing to notice. - It's a company sponsored web site and a different publisher. That explains alot.
                Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Working...
                X