No announcement yet.

I'm deleting Civ3 and reinstalling good ol' Civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought this game would be as good as Civ2......

Comment

I am not speaking about Mark G (or anyone else) specifically here ...

But I think cognitive dissonance is exactly what goes on for some people ... at least it did for me!

I know I had to overcome mine to realize how I really felt about the game. I was so enthusiastic at first ... but then three weeks later I couldn't understand why playing was giving me bad headaches and backaches (never happened to me before) ... and I just had to face the fact that the game was no fun and I was playing only because it was Civ, and Civ has to be great, right?

It was hard because there is a lot I like about Civ3 ... I really hope a few key changes are made to make this game as great as it could be.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I think cognitive dissonance was really a factor for me, at least.
      Good = Love, Love = Good
      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Foot
        I'm glad they didn't aspire to make another civ 2 ... that game was pretty average IMO.

See, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot
          ......but it turned out to be better!

BTW Foot, I thought you left or was this just ?
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            Why do you continue to defend this game Mark?
            i'm not defending anything, i just love it when people forget so easily...

Do you have any criticisms of it at all?
            sure i do. for example i was one of the first to post my worries before the release about the lack of stacks and the small part of armies due to their limits(in the way they can be created and the amount of untis you can use) and i think i was right about it.

that doesnt mean though that i feel cheated, it doesnt mean that i think sid is an evil man who doesnt care about my happiness as he used to be, it doesnt mean that i'll yell "right on mate!" to the first thread of someone complaining about civ3 after not being able to find the help file, it doesnt mean that i feel the need to search the web looking for other people posting negative stuff about civ3

but perhaps this wasnt the answer you were looking for for your troll??
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'M SICK OF CIV2 AND THE STUPID AI THAT CAN'T EVEN EXPAND IN THE CRUCIAL EARLY ROUNDS!

I'M SICK OF THE GRAPHICS AND THE RETARDED ADVISORS AND THE STUPID MOVIES!

I'M UNINSTALLING CIV 2 AND RE-INSTALLING CIV 1 COS BACK IN THE DAY SID KEPT IT REAL, AND NO CORPORATE *****ES AND HOES GOT ALL UP IN HIS ASS COS HE WAS IN THE HIZZOUSE TO FULL EFFECT, YO.

WORD TO YOUR PIMPLE FACED GAME GEEK MOTHER.
              Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

I'M SICK OF CIV2 AND THE STUPID AI THAT CAN'T EVEN EXPAND IN THE CRUCIAL EARLY ROUNDS!
                Word. I was so happily surprised when the AI kept up with me in expansion in Civ3!

That is one of the major reasons I couldn't go back to Civ2 ... after having expanding AIs it would be tough to go back to slow ones.

Even with the problems I'd stay with Civ3 over Civ2.
                Good = Love, Love = Good
                Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

If I really hated a game the last thing I'd do would be hanging around a forum discussing it. It's like it's some kind of hobby (flaming the game) to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    i'm not defending anything, i just love it when people forget so easily...

sure i do. for example i was one of the first to post my worries before the release about the lack of stacks and the small part of armies due to their limits(in the way they can be created and the amount of untis you can use) and i think i was right about it.

that doesnt mean though that i feel cheated, it doesnt mean that i think sid is an evil man who doesnt care about my happiness as he used to be, it doesnt mean that i'll yell "right on mate!" to the first thread of someone complaining about civ3 after not being able to find the help file, it doesnt mean that i feel the need to search the web looking for other people posting negative stuff about civ3

but perhaps this wasnt the answer you were looking for for your troll??
                    Its okay Mark, all sharings are valid in this support group. Thank you for sharing your pain. Now, lets all give Mark a big group hug
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                    X