Civ on dual monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ on dual monitors

i don't play too many computer games so maybe this is in general just a far-fetched idea....

i have two flatscreens sitting side-by-side but civ only shows up on one of them. any idea if this could be supported in the future with a command-line option or something?

well at least one benefit i can browse the web while the turns are taking about 30 seconds to process... *sigh* on a 1700mhz machine that's pretty sad

30 seconds?!! Must be nice!

Comment

You can still browse the web - just alt-tab away and do it

Comment

You have dual flat-screen monitors... and a 1.7 gHz machine...

You therefore forfeit any and all rights you may have to whine about anything computer related whatsoever.

Sheesh... it's like someone winning the lottery and then b**ching about the tax...
        Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

So you have two monitors and you want Civ III to show on both of them at the same time. Hmm. Why? So you can double your frustration with the game? So you can feel twice as angry?

Comment

Re: Civ on dual monitors

Originally posted by DaXX
            1700mhz machine that's pretty sad
            It takes that long when playing a large map with a P3 550Mhz

According to PC mag (forget which issue), there no real difference between a 500Mhz and a 1Ghz, or a difference between a 1Ghz and a 2GHz. If you want to see a realy improvement, you'll need to wait for a 10Ghz. That's what I'm doing.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Re: Re: Civ on dual monitors

Originally posted by Thrawn05

It takes that long when playing a large map with a P3 550Mhz

According to PC mag (forget which issue), there no real difference between a 500Mhz and a 1Ghz, or a difference between a 1Ghz and a 2GHz. If you want to see a realy improvement, you'll need to wait for a 10Ghz. That's what I'm doing.
              Or get a Mac!

Comment

Or get a Mac!
                Because frustration with a game isn't enough?

Comment

Commadore 64 baby!!!

I remember getting my first 300 MB hard drive and thinkin, "WOW! what am I gonna do with all of this space?"

a few years later... 4.3 GB hard drive...
                  "WOW! what am I gonna do with all this space?"

now I have TWO 20 GB hard drives and I'm thinkin, "Dang, I need more hard drive space..."

???
                  Computers = Crack habit
                  ???

On a Civ3 dual monitor note, I think is has to be a software function, not just a video card function.
                  "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Originally posted by OneInTen

Because frustration with a game isn't enough?
                    ROTFLMAO

That sir, is the best reply i have seen to date. You have made my day!
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I love my 386DX... never fails...
                      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                      X