Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading armies (any response from Firaxis???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading armies (any response from Firaxis???)

I saw that a thread was started a while ago about the possibility (or lack thereof) to upgrade armies. It didn't offer any solutions and no one from Firaxis got involved. Personally, I think that this lack of upgradability is a mistake and should be dealt with in a patch.

But anyway, I notice that when one clicks upon an army and selects Shft-u (which is the upgrade-all shortcut), a little guy comes up and says something to the effect of "there is no better unit for armies to upgrade to" - even if this is not the case. The fact that this happens leads me to believe that they should be upgradable and that someone forgot to write the proper code. Am I off base here?

Or at least, one should be able to un-load units from an army (this would solve the problem and be a better solution).

Can anyone with a little knowledge respond?

Sorry if I'm repeating an old discussion but it stinks to have an army of knights running around when I have riflemen and cavalry to choose from...

You know if Firaxis responds to this we'll just have more threads like it, even if the answer is no. So in effect you're asking them to make more work for themselves.
    Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Thanks Ironikinit for clearing up the matter. I was under the impression that this was a forum where people ask questions and receive advice/response but apparently I was gravenly mistaken.

However, there are plenty of threads where Firaxis have made comments. That is, afterall, the whole point of this forum. Or am I completely off base???

Comment

In this thread of many questions to Firaxis Jeffery Morris answered to question of upgrading or unloading units in armies in a future patch as "don't know". Optimistically I take that to mean that at least they haven't ruled it out. (but I am optimistic to a fault)
        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Re: Upgrading armies (any response from Firaxis???)

Originally posted by fittstim

But anyway, I notice that when one clicks upon an army and selects Shft-u (which is the upgrade-all shortcut), a little guy comes up and says something to the effect of "there is no better unit for armies to upgrade to" - even if this is not the case. The fact that this happens leads me to believe that they should be upgradable and that someone forgot to write the proper code. Am I off base here?
          No, it's apparently been hard coded that they can't upgrade. I've been modding my game and created 4 different Armies with an upgrade path to the largest one. Although they upgrade in the build list, once they're made, or at least once a unit's inside, the upgrade won't work. I haven't tried an empty Army yet though.

Comment

Can't you just go to Editor and the Army unit, and click "Unload"?

Wouldn't that allow you to unload the units in the Army so you can upgrade them?

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
              Can't you just go to Editor and the Army unit, and click "Unload"?

Wouldn't that allow you to unload the units in the Army so you can upgrade them?
              That's a good idea... anyone know if this will work or not??? (I'm not in front of my home PC right now...)
              Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown

That's a good idea... anyone know if this will work or not??? (I'm not in front of my home PC right now...)
                No tried it, doesn't work. It's been hard coded.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

No tried it, doesn't work. It's been hard coded.
                  Too bad. That's yet another screw up from Firaxis.

Comment

Working...
                  X