Help! I can't get the game to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I can't get the game to work

Hi everyone, I just bought CivIII the other day and I really want to play it. I got it installed, but I cannot get it to go past the screen that has "Civilization III"(before the movie). I know my computer meets all the minimum requirements, but I dont know what is going on. Someone please help me, I really really want to play this game.
    ZigZac

Having a no smoking section in a restaurant is like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool.

Shut down all the programs running in the background via control alt delete (except Explorer and Systray).

Also, do you have version 1.16? If not, get the patch.
    Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

I haven't been running any programs while trying to load up CivIII. I downloaded the patch, but still nothing happened. I even reinstalled it.(b4 i downloaded the patch)
      ZigZac

Having a no smoking section in a restaurant is like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool.

Comment

How old is your video driver? Same for sound card.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Some programs start automatically. You can see what's running by pressing control, alt, and delete.

Comment

How do I find out? Although, I am sure its not too old. The computer I have shouldn't be too old because Ihave A Pentium II in it.

Am I supposed to shut down ALL the programs(explorer type stuff)!?
            ZigZac

Comment

Try http://www.windrivers.com/
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Have you tried just to wait for a minute a let the game load (when the civ3 pictures is on the screen)
                It takes at least half a min for my civ3 to load (i have a p3-500mhz)

Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Control+alt+delete will open a window that shows every program running. Shut them all down EXCEPT Explorer and Systray.

If that doesn't help, check your drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X