Civilization -- the Board Game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yin26
    LOL! I just love all the people thinking it's too good to be true when, in fact, the computer game ALREADY IS a rip-off of a board game!
    This sounds really like a completely different game from AH's civ

Comment

Mare Nostrum looks very interesting. Thanks for the pointer. Hopefully this might persuade some of my friends that having a boardgame session does not automatically mean choosing between 15 variations of Settlers of Catan.

As for SM's Civ: tBg I think we should start a petition going immediately. How dare they produce a Civ boardgame without single player or a scenario editor! Leaving these aside with some vague promise of future support is totally inadequate
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
        Mare Nostrum looks very interesting. Thanks for the pointer. Hopefully this might persuade some of my friends that having a boardgame session does not automatically mean choosing between 15 variations of Settlers of Catan.

As for SM's Civ: tBg I think we should start a petition going immediately. How dare they produce a Civ boardgame without single player or a scenario editor! Leaving these aside with some vague promise of future support is totally inadequate

hahaha
        but i must admit nothing beats AdvCiv games after we finish off the second crate of beer

Comment

I have the civilization game too great game right up there with the board games: Starship troopers, risk, axis and allies, shogun, spacehulk, warhammer 40,000 and b12 bomber at that point in time I had over 100 board games heh. Most are shrink wrapped now I look forward to buying this one too.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Working...
          X