No announcement yet.

Civ3 Game Design Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile unit's power was dramatically increased by the tech whoring ai, along with a coresponding decrease in non-mobile units power. I played one game as the romans on large/pangea/16 civs, and with legions i was only able to conquer 2 civs before it got to be legions vs riflemen(i was not tech trading with the ai, only tech extorting, which thanks to the ai's refusal to see my envoy even when i was knocking on his door with a sizeable army kept me from even really catching up).

You have to conquer other civs fast. if i had been using mobile units I would have perhaps gotten the snowball effect where there arent enough tech researchers(there were only really 5 or 6 civs in the game that had more then a few cities, and these were the ones giving techs for territory maps but demanding quite a bit from me... which i refused time and again... from every... single... civ...) and that my civ would have been large enough to produce enough units to fight a horsemen vs muskets or knights vs riflemen.

Comment

Working...
    X