what? No MP yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what? No MP yet?

I see all these Civ3 ad's all over TV. Yet there is still no mp(or atleast i havent seen yet). Whats going on? You guys at firaxis arent going to pull a Crap-tiv-sion on us?

Ah, but "Crap-ti-vision" gave us a scenario editor, and SLIC.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ya but I see a Civ3 ad on TV every commercial break now. Surely they should slow down markettin and start working on MP...right?

Comment

Market now, get as many sales as possible, then when the MP X-pack comes along, even more sales. So they have sold both products more.

Wierd though, I have never seen an advert for Civ3.
        In fact, i haven't seen any PC game advertised very much at all.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

i've not seen any ads either. as for MP i don't expect it to come out until may at the earliest (assuming that it even comes out at all)
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Until MP is a possibility I have given up playing the game.

Playing AI opponents is tedious.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

what tv station do you watch FG? i haven't seen a single commercial

Comment

I havent seen that many ads for Civ 3, but I have seen some. I think they've all been on cable. The only other PC game I've ever seen advertised was Diablo 2. Why do consoles get all the air time?

Comment

History and Discovery channels. Saw one on NBC too

Comment

History Channel

Their ads are on the History Channel.

Comment

Re: History Channel

Originally posted by Zachriel
                      Their ads are on the History Channel.
                      I think that if you tailor the ad to that channel, it can be very effective.

The best channel to advertise on would be Discovery Civilization - anyone who watches that channel would love to play civ.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X