Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Currently Not At Apolyton and Instead Playing Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Currently Not At Apolyton and Instead Playing Civ 3?

I think many of those that enjoy the game, can see the forest for the trees, aren't here but are playing Civ 3. As a result of this those that don't like the game are here wallowing in their displeasure and so anyone reading the average thread would get a sense that the game is the pits. So, would all those not currently here but are instead enjoying a nice game of Civ 3 please vote that you like the game? Thanks...

We need the game to run in a window to give those who are addicted a chance to speak up.

Granted there are problems but in my view they should not define the game. Things are GOOD right now and when the next patch is in they'll be even better I'm sure. I'm also sure that those not here will agree with me.
    Yes, I'm not here but instead fighting my way through another great game of Civ 3.
    22.73%
    YES YES! I'm not here but I really must get back to my game!
    11.36%
    If I'm not here how can I reply? (Though Civ 3 IS great)
    54.55%
    Oh stuff a sock in it option 3, one would think that an option w/ the same number as the current excellent addition of the Civ series would have more sense!
    11.36%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I'm not playing CIV3 and I am not here and I think this is dumb! But I guess to each his own....

Comment

option number 3, I think.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hey! Where's the option for "I play CIV3 at home but I log on to Apolyton at work"?
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Boracks

Hey! Where's the option for "I play CIV3 at home but I log on to Apolyton at work"?
          There you go. That's the option for me, as well.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yep. I play at home and log on to 'Poly at work. At least people say to me that I'm at work... Since Civ3 is not here, I guess they're right.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boracks
              Ditto.

Well, occaisionally I log on at home. On work nights I have to stop playing the game when an alarm goes off (sometimes even mid-turn), or it's "one more turn" until WAY too late.

JB
              Last edited by Jaybe; January 31, 2002, 15:50.

Comment

This poll reminds me of what my college statistics teacher said about the difficulty of properly asking a question...

Of course if you can't properly phrase a question then you can't get a good statistical sampling. Oh well, have fun with your polls.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  This poll reminds me of what my college statistics teacher said about the difficulty of properly asking a question...
                  You're making the assumption that Lancer intended to ask it "properly"

It would be closest to #3 I guess but I'm waiting for the scenario-capable version

And still waiting ...

Comment

The truth is that many, many people are neither playing the game or posting here.

Civ3, abandoned.

Comment

Where is the option: "I don't play civ3 anymore but came here to check if someone made civ3 playable game"

Comment

Heuh...In my case I'd say "I lurk and reply much less often than before here at Apolyton because I play Civ III a lot...AND I've just purchased a XBox." I'm a versatile player. Perhaps I can say also "I may be back more often at Apolyton sometimes next spring ( maybe ) if I'm to become temporarily civ-bored, and at the same time more excited to the upcoming MoO3."
                        The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Lancer sighting!
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I wanted to vote "I'm not here, I am in the Off-Topic".

I don't play civ3 but am always interested in discussing it, as it helps when I come to play civ4
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm not here right now.

I'm only mentaly here .
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X