No announcement yet.

Proof the AI doesn't cheat in combat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof the AI doesn't cheat in combat!!

Basically what I've done is create a normal sized map, Regent level, Babylonians versus Persians. You are the Babs, the AI is the Persians. Terrain is all desert, no cities, rivers, or other terrain features on the map to influence combat results. There are two rows X several pairs of...

It seems that those anti-tank spearmen need new spears...

AI cheating on COMBAT I never found a problem.

The problem is that units from different Ages do not get a percentage combat bonus against those from an earlier Age; hence, I've seen such as longbowmen destroy cavalry (supposdely with rifles).

The AI cheating goes on in many other ways - all unacceptable - but combat has never been a problem for me.

Comment

What cheating

FrantzX:
      It seems to me that you have misunderstood the 'spearman v tank' complaint. First, 20 tries are rather few- if you did 1000+, then maybe. Why so many?, because you are right that the odds are small (but improve if the spearman is a higher experience level and if there are added terrain bonuses for defense). The problem is that mathematically it is possible for it to happen, and has happened to players in their experiences ( i will add, as I did long, long ago, that I am not one of those players). The argument was that it should be just not very rare, but a damn near impossibility, as it generally was in civ2.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

oh jeez. frantz just drop it, i like combat system, some people don't. there is no way they are gonna stop whining......

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
          AI cheating on COMBAT I never found a problem.

The problem is that units from different Ages do not get a percentage combat bonus against those from an earlier Age; hence, I've seen such as longbowmen destroy cavalry (supposdely with rifles).

The AI cheating goes on in many other ways - all unacceptable - but combat has never been a problem for me.
          Not unimaginable. Look at Indians & Americans. Indians won few battles.
          Zobo Ze Warrior
          --
          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

It's not inconcievable that a spearman unit could win over a tank unit. Let's say the tank has one hit point, and translate that to four or five tanks. The spearman has all its hp, let's say two or three thousand men. Even if the tanks got away one shot per minute each and killed a total of a thousand men with each volley, they would get overrun. Once a couple of spearmen got on top of the tank, opening the hatch and mauling the crew would be simple.

It doesn't say the following anywhere, but can't we assume that a spearman unit in the Industrial age has gotten hold of some revolvers, some dynamite etc. which allows it to keep its defence and attack values against modern units? Just a thought.
            MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Working...
            X