Disband Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disband Cities?

How to disband cities wich are not need anymore?
    I currently keep them at Size 1 by producing Settler/worker. But the city doesn't allow to create them with the last "citizens"...

Thanks
    Argentoratum

That is easy boy...

A settler needs 2 citizens to be produced so, if your cities are size 1, the city will not produce the settler until there will be a second citizen available. As you can see you cannot disband a city with the last citizen if you are producing a worker, you must produce a settler, but as I said you need a city of size 2. Be careful do not let it grow the third citizen.
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Re: That is easy boy...

Originally posted by Kramsib
      A settler needs 2 citizens to be produced so, if your cities are size 1, the city will not produce the settler until there will be a second citizen available. As you can see you cannot disband a city with the last citizen if you are producing a worker, you must produce a settler, but as I said you need a city of size 2. Be careful do not let it grow the third citizen.
      This isn't quite true. A worker will disband a city at size 1, but you may as well use a settler. The key to either is that there has to be no food surplus.

Comment

Also too if you are building a worker or settler if the city is still growing it will wait untill the city has grown before building the worker or settler. So if you want to disband the city you have to make sure that it is not growing. I have done disbanded cities before and this was the only way it worked.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

ie having no food surplus then

Comment

Another way to get rid of those pesky cities...

Move all the units out... sell all the improvements you can.
            Give all the cities to another civ.

Declare war and attack them all the next turn. Collect a little bit of money when you win... raze them all... and maybe get a few free workers.

There are always multiple solutions to every problem
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

some more intellectually appealing than others........

Comment

I usually turn all the citizens to tax collectors until the city reaches either 1 or 2. Then I build a worker or settler to empty the city. Whenever you're made aware of "Starvation at ______" you have to go back to the city display and turn all the citizens back to tax collectors again though.
                " . . . I fought, and strove, and perished, countless times . . . as if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, where I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me."
                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  some more intellectually appealing than others........
                  Yep... it is "just" a game
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well the AI certainly cheats enough. I prefer to attempt to take the moral high ground though, and win without any giving away city tactics. But one man's great strat is another man's dodgy exploit.......as always.

Keep up the civin'

btw I keep meaning to try and do an all-nighter and join your MP game. I'm getting dsl soon, which makes MP less annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X