Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Firaxis went to a lot of trouble to take features out that people like

Things like ICS, rapid conquest, predictable game behaviour, a world map that actually re-centres, barbs that upgrade, diplomats that work, planes that work, affordable tech stealing, progression through the tech tree at a good pace, monarchy before 1000BC, city improvements that actually give measurable benefits, corruption at realistic levels that can be addressed, informative screens, user friendly tools, wonder movies, advisor videos, real differentiation of government types, manageable play in the end game, an exciting finish, multiplayer. The list goes on and on.

I played civ II multiplayer tonight and we had a great time. Very cool game, civ II. I think it could become an all time classic

Brian! Where are you!
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; January 25, 2002, 10:38.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Hey Horse,

I heard of two great games that have a lot of cool new ideas and features. You named the first one, CIVII. The other is a game called SMAC(X).

They have these things called combat units that when applied in what would be sanely be considered reasonable odds of success actually win combat results.

Many many other innovative ideas as well.

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Amazing - sounds like there are some great games out there. I wonder why Firaxis didn't learn from them
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

we didnt have any trolling attempts the last 6 hours on this forum, thank you horsie....

this is the the second thread of yours i close in the civ3 forums the last few days. the next one will be a ticket to mingapulco or even worse a pcr that will kick you off the deity list....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
        X