Cultural influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural influence

I like the idea of acquiring foreign cities throug cultural influence. What I don't like is losing the cities where I've located my entire army of several dozens of units. How can you practically explain such an event? An army of 100000 men suddenly dissapears because the people in the city changed sides! Where's the logic?

they gave the soldiers a poisoned water supply

Comment

The Rapture maybe?
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Re: Cultural influence

Originally posted by johan81
        I like the idea of acquiring foreign cities throug cultural influence. What I don't like is losing the cities where I've located my entire army of several dozens of units. How can you practically explain such an event? An army of 100000 men suddenly dissapears because the people in the city changed sides! Where's the logic?
        If you go to the Strategy section, there is a thread there that explains the logic of flipping. It's called, oddly enough, Culture Flipping Explained.

Comment

Re: Cultural influence

Originally posted by johan81
          You like gaining cities through culture, but not losing them. Octavius had the same problem when Antony and his Legions threw in with the Egyptians. Octavius demonstrated at least one solution to the culture flipping problem.

Comment

If you go to the Strategy section, there is a thread there that explains the logic of flipping. It's called, oddly enough, Culture Flipping Explained.
            No, it doesn't. That's like saying that Clinton explained his relationship with Monica in his deposition.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Working...
            X