Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question about captured workers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about captured workers...

It seems to me that when the AI captures my workers, they magically teleport away, so that I can't recapture them. Is this a bug, or a "feature"?

Thanks,

Ollie

They are not teleporting anywhere. The AI disbands most captured workers upon capturing them if it "thinks" it cant get them back to its own territory without losing them. I am not sure how it makes the determination but it seems to do good job since we can rarely capture them back
    I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

ahhhh...

OK, that makes sense

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz
        They are not teleporting anywhere. The AI disbands most captured workers upon capturing them if it "thinks" it cant get them back to its own territory without losing them. I am not sure how it makes the determination but it seems to do good job since we can rarely capture them back
        Aaah, so that's what happened to them! I kept hunting around looking for them. Oh well, I got a lot more of his than he did of mine.

Comment

An interesting, semi-related fact about Civ3.

When you build a worker, it will be of the same nationality as the citizen that was subtracted. So, my newly-conquered Persian cities produce persian workers while I'm trying to 'slim' the foreign element. I was honestly surprised to see that kind of depth in the game, and it effectively stopped a strategy of mine to build workers until the pop was 1, then refill it with the produced german workers. 'Xept they didn't become germans, that is.
          MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Re: An interesting, semi-related fact about Civ3.

Originally posted by MonsterMan
            When you build a worker, it will be of the same nationality as the citizen that was subtracted. So, my newly-conquered Persian cities produce persian workers while I'm trying to 'slim' the foreign element. I was honestly surprised to see that kind of depth in the game, and it effectively stopped a strategy of mine to build workers until the pop was 1, then refill it with the produced german workers. 'Xept they didn't become germans, that is.
            Well you could always send them off to your well established cities, and then replace them with your own.

Comment

Also, if the workers are on a railroad that goes into Fog-of-War territory, it looks like they disappear.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                Also, if the workers are on a railroad that goes into Fog-of-War territory, it looks like they disappear.
                Well it's quite possible that there is an enemy unit in there that's picking them off as they enter the fog of war. Or even a barbarian horde.

Comment

Working...
                X