Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail

In most of the games I've played, I've not been able to find coal on the map. I find it ludicrous that a civilisation able to churn out aircraft carriers and nuclear plants is still not able to produce a rail road. This causes serious problems when trying to move resources or fight pollution.

Any opinions? Do you think a higher tech tree discovery should enable you to build railroads without coal or iron?

Re: Rail

Originally posted by anteos
    In most of the games I've played, I've not been able to find coal on the map. I find it ludicrous that a civilisation able to churn out aircraft carriers and nuclear plants is still not able to produce a rail road. This causes serious problems when trying to move resources or fight pollution.

Any opinions? Do you think a higher tech tree discovery should enable you to build railroads without coal or iron?
    If you go into the Editor, in the section dealing with resources, you can adjust what they call the "Appearance Ratio" of coal etc. Right now I think it's 120 or something, but you can set it to a maximum of 300, which "should" give you at least 1 or 2 supplies fairly close to home. Keep in mind that the changes you make won't take effect until you start a brand new game. And no, you HAVE to have coal to build a Railroad.

Comment

Working...
    X