Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Find Most Irritating?

Maybe it's been asked.
    If so, I didn't see it and maybe it's time to ask again.

What about the game are you struggling with the most?
    For me, it's Major Wonder building.
    In the game I'm playing now, I was 2 turns from completing Hanging Gardens and got beat to it.
    No other Wonders available so there goes the production that was spent right out the window.

Is there something I'm not looking at, and should be?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

It's when the AI decides to attack you and then buys off everyone else to attack you at once. You just can't win, 6 to 1.
    Last edited by FrantzX; January 18, 2002, 16:27.

Comment

Could you rephrase that, please?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Bizarre unit activation sequencing. I stopped playing mainly on account of it.
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

just switch your production to palace if you dont have time to complet it and then, when you get a new wonder, switch it back to that new wonder.

easy.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I do think civ3 is an entertaining game, but, I get annoyed with shuffling so many units in the late game. Stacking would help SO much.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

boredom caused by lack of scenarios and lack of MP
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Most Irritating (but okay (I suppose))

Having to have numerical superiority (or at least parity) in units to destroy an enemy stack.

Blitz won't work unless you have 3 MP.

I don't mind tanks vs. spearmen (aka militia), but the modern unit supposedly is also bigger and should be able to take out more than one unit. A 2-MP blitz unit can't attack the same square twice in one turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
                  just switch your production to palace if you dont have time to complet it and then, when you get a new wonder, switch it back to that new wonder.

easy.
                  I wasn't aware of this.

Comment

I find Republicans and Libertarians most iritating.
                    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Too bad that counts towards your cumulative post total.

Comment

I find Republicans and Libertarians most iritating.
                        Republicans are Democrats without conscience, and Democrats are Republicans without prudence.
                        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian

Republicans are Democrats without conscience, and Democrats are Republicans without prudence.

I think this is best thing I've read to date, but I started it way OT, I'm sorry for that.
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

pollution..there is no way to completely stop it so no use growing beyond size 12.Unless you like cleaning it up.

Culture flips-stupid aspect of the game.I can just build on borders and watch my culture swallow up cities.Same thing with "bases" the ai sets up in my territory.No need to fear...just swallow them up.
                            Also flipping during conquest.1 turn I captured 7 cities.3 turns later,5 of them have flipped back.Call it what you like,I call it "exit civ3" for the night and then some.

Combat-sorry,but I still get outrageous results.The invincible unit is pure crap.The whole process can be very frustrating.ITS NOT HARD!!!!!....just frustrating.War against the ai is ridiculously easy in 3.

Nothing to explore-very irritating.What is the use of sending out some exploration parties?..there is none.All you will find is ai cities everywhere.ALL land is filled up by 10 ad or so.They dump caravans and dips..but keep explorers????...good thinking..I luv units that are obsolete before they are discovered.

WAITING--the game is a series of waits.Wait for swords or horses.Then wait for knights.Then for good boats.Then wait for cav...ETC.Problem is there is nothing I can do to beat the research caps....so I wait even longer for the inevitible...usually the wait outlasts the interest and games are not "finished".

All civ games have that point of "going thru the motions".At least in 2 you could drastically speed things up and get the heck out of there.
                            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I hate the fact that I can't kill a unit with bombardment. I made a post about this, as the AI is killing my units with three or four waves of jets on the same unit, eventually killing it (and its the only unit standing there!).
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X