Bigger Maps?? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Maps?? Is it possible?

HI, this may or may not be obvious, but I'm new here, and after spending hours looking round the site, my main query isnt answered so i'm hoping someone can help me out here, Is there any way I can get a map that's BIGGER than 256*216, Say 512*512 ?????

I know a full 256*256 map is rather large, but I want the absolute champion game, whether or not i compete it this year

Cheers..
    Up The Millers

The current huge map can take forever between turns. I can't imagine playing on anything larger without some means of speeding things along...
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Maybe so, but all i want is the *possibility*, has anyone designed a mod that can do this, bear in mind I also have a very fast computer at my home.
      Up The Millers

Comment

talk about masochism

Comment

Re: Bigger Maps?? Is it possible?

Originally posted by Rothy
          HI, this may or may not be obvious, but I'm new here, and after spending hours looking round the site, my main query isnt answered so i'm hoping someone can help me out here, Is there any way I can get a map that's BIGGER than 256*216, Say 512*512 ?????

I know a full 256*256 map is rather large, but I want the absolute champion game, whether or not i compete it this year

Cheers..
          No, 256 X 256 is as high as it will go. The Editor told me so.

Comment

Right ok, any chance someone can make a patch to do it??

And if you are implying I'm obsessed with Size, that may be correct.... but nvm... I dont mind taking all year to play a game
            Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
              Right ok, any chance someone can make a patch to do it??
              Well you'll have to ask Firaxis that one. It's not something that anyone can just magically work up, it has to be able to fit in with their basic game design and programming code. Frankly I doubt very much if it's on their priority list at the moment. Playing a 256 X 256 myself, I'd say that's more than enough to deal with, according to the current rules.

Comment

Working...
              X