Forbidden Palace in Communism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden Palace in Communism

Simply put, in a Communism a forbidden palace does nothing, NOTHING. At least, in the games I've played it did nothing (yes, I realize it should only do something in the city it's built in, the other cities are "communal").

I've never played pre-patch so I don't know if it's a patch problem or a real one, or if for some inexplicable reason this small wonder shouldn't work for commies.
    Your.Master

High Lord of Good

You are unique, just like everybody else.

I think that under Communism your cities have an equal amount of corruption which is irrelevant to distance from capitol. Thus it would appear that the FP would have no effect.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If that is true, then the FP should help under communism - just not only in the city in which it is built. If it reduces corruption by, say, 50 beakers in the surrounding area, but you have 50 cities, it saves you just one beaker per city. Not noticeable in any one city(unless you really like micromanagement), but the effect is there.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

I'm skating on thin ice since I rarely play Communism, but what I remember from those times, the cities corruption level is somewhat irrelevant to palace distance.
        Maybe there actually was a change of a unit or two in commerce, but you just did not notice it?
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
        X