What's your "favorite" Glitch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your "favorite" Glitch ?

Besides the lag, I "like" the periodically occuring glitch that disables my ability to move my units. More so, I also "like" when the AI initially accepts a deal, but when I generously give them something more, they refuse it . Lastly, (in this list that is), I really "like" the perpetually fluctuating international perceptions of my nation.

The combat system.

Comment

That first glitch you mentioned - I think I've run into that as well. Is that when you do something in particular with a unit (in my experience thus far, it has been either chopping down a tree or killing & plundering a barb encampment), and the unit stays selected, but cannot move (as it has already moved)? You can select and move other units if you want, go to your advisors and such, but the game is kinda "hung up" for a while. Then, probably when you're in the middle of looking at something else, the game snaps back into action and activates the next unmoved unit?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sometimes it seems to hang for a while, after you (or the AI) pillaged or bombed down a road or a harbor, or sold or bought techs like Astronomy, Navigation and Magnetism. Probably the time the game has to re-calculate all trade routes for being still possible or newly possible. I am sure the other glitches have similar simple reasons.

Comment

I like this one: I offer the ai 100 gold in exchange for 1 gold and it refuses, saying they would never accept such an offer. Gee thanks ai, wouldn't want you to take advantage of me...

Comment

My favorite is the zip-zap-where-ya-at-now.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Well, the glitch I hate most is all you ppl that keep on b*tching about the game instead of talking about the fun stuff....which is 95% of the game!!! It's not a best seller for nothing...Stop trying to convince ppl that it"s a suck ass game when really you just have no skills at it!

But a real glitch is when my Elite Cavalry gets killed buy a regular swordsman when I attack...but they have to be Upsets. I wouldn't think of something more unrealistic then Elites ALWAYS winning even if their attack is higher then the defenders. Just look at all those Russian choppers that where gunned down by afghans in the 1970. Ok they had Stinger missiles BUT it WAS an upset. Besides, if it wasn't for upsets the Canadians would win the Stanley cup every year...but wait......

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Calorman
                The combat system.
                A classic.

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well I like the fact that my Hanging Gardens did not go obsolete when it should have in my current (unfinished) game.

Comment

Has anyone else ever contemplated the idea of breaking their civ 3 cd against their head? Seriously though, I think that it would be rather difficult, and expensive for Firaxis to remedy all these glitches in a series of patches. There are just too many of them. (It's sort of like) this game is still in the beta period of development. I think that the playtesters only managed to thoroughly game test the ancient and early medieval periods. .

Comment

When I heard about the glitch where you can ask the computer for 9999999 gold in exchange for nothing and it would accept I thought it was quite cool. Shame it never worked on my computer, before or after the patch. Perhaps because I have the UK version of it.

Comment

"Stop trying to convince ppl that it"s a suck ass game when really you just have no skills at it!"

Most people don't need any convincing...

Comment

Seriously though, I think that it would be rather difficult, and expensive for Firaxis to remedy all these glitches in a series of patches. There are just too many of them.
                          Yet there are far fewer than for most games, including a game from the very same company that produced civ 3 and as I write this has threads on this board extolling its virtues (SMAC).

You only need to look at some of the gaming greats to see that they too also needed many patches:

DOOM, arguably the greatest game of all time, which has at least 6 major versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.666, 1.7a, 1.9).

Quake, probably the first big internet game, had so many patches it's not funny trying to get the network code to a playable state in it's QuakeWorld incarnation.

Diablo, Starcraft & Diablo 2, all of which sold millions of copies and won multiple game of the year awards have each had over half a dozen patches.

Civ 2 had at least as many patches also.

A few "glitches" is not the end of the world - all games have bugs, even the best of them, and it's not uncommon for major issues to be fixed in patches. The minor bugs expressed in this thread are really nothing out of the ordinary for a game, and quite fixable I would guess.

Comment

I like the jumping units. Every so often, I guess the animation screws up for a second, a unit will look as if it is making a huge jump, rather the usual run. I get a chuckle everytime it happens.

Comment

A leader - polite or cautious - shows up, proposes a trade;
                              I accept the trade;
                              the leader leaves the room annoyed...

Is 'not bargaining' considered as an insult?
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                              X