This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, what the hell are you doing?

Seriously, it's been 3 months since civ 3 was released and you're still going on about ideas and gripes. You guys went on for 2 years about ideas for civ3...do you see any of those ideas in civ3? I think not. You've been trying to get answers from Firaxis since the game was released...have they responded yet...with a REAL answer? Do you see a trend here? It's time to throw in the towel and move on. The game is dead, and after this fiasco I really doubt anyone is going to buy civ IV even if they do make one. Yes, the hardcore gamers will buy it still, but what about all the casual players who realized that there are games out there that are 10 times better than civ3 for a cheaper price? No matter what ideas you come up with, no matter how many messages you send to firaxis, no matter how many posts you make, it's not going to make a difference. You're just wasting your time. The only thing that made civ so great was its gameplay, graphics were never that great to begin with. But now we have horrible graphics with horrible gameplay...doesn't this tell you something? There's a whole world of games out there besides civ, I think it's time to cut your losses and move on. I've played civ for 10 years and I can say I've moved on and will never look back at civ again.

It's like what the traffic guy calls a 'gaper delay'. People will move on eventually.

Comment

Well, I guess if there are some who are very optimistic there must also be people who are equally pessimistic.

But, are you positive you won't check back to see if patch number 54x has hit the home run?

See ya.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

do you see any of those ideas in civ3? I think not.
        Culture and Resources, the two biggest additions to the game.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I like the pretty collector's tin!
          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
          -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

I want to see it all go down. JK, this game has been selling too well for that. But I think the civ series is dead. Firaxis won't want to put up with our sh!t for another crack at it. They'll concentrate on golf and other sims. good luck. Another company dominates that market.

Comment

I like the pretty collector's tin!
              Also another idea that was prominently displayed here on Poly long ago...
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Get real, if you think that Infogrames is not going to make Civ4 (which would be another multi-million dollar seller) because of the whines of a handful of geeks on an "obscure" forum, you're totally out to lunch.
                Last edited by The Eliminator; January 17, 2002, 00:42.

Comment

but infogrames owns the civ franchise, so it doesn't matter if firaxis wants to do it or not, if infogrames think they can make money making civ4, then we will see civ4, if not then we won't

simple as that

Comment

And there is even the possibility that Infogrames might give the job of making CivIV to another company...
                    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      But I think the civ series is dead. Firaxis won't want to put up with our sh!t for another crack at it.
                      Hmm - make a big profit and ignore a few griping gamers or succumb to their will and go broke? Hmmm. Hmmmmmm. Tough choice.
                      What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

That would be super-sweet if Firaxis got stripped of the Civ franchise. Talk about wax poetic.

Sid and his cronies would then have to concentrate on making more 14 minute vids of them playing the piano and talking about how great they are.

Comment

If you think Sid Maier will ever be seperated from the Civilization title, you're nuts. It is his baby, always has been his baby, and always will be his baby.
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Ummm, he already *was* stripped of the Civ series before.

Comment

maybe if Sid actually designed this game...

I have doubts he has even seen it

yeah I forgot Infogrames owns the rights. Damn them...Damn them all to hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X