How can I get a higher ranking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get a higher ranking?

I have a major Q, When I win the game(after many ways so far) and I recive my "How History Will Remember You" ranking, I always seem to get a low ranking like Worthless. But anyway how can I improve this? Do I increase the diff? Increase aggressivness of barberians? Include more comps? Anything you guys can tell me will help greatly.

what is couted is:

-your land area, so on a big map, this can give you more.

-happy citisens, set tax to 100% lux just before you finish the game ^^

-difficulty level

-year of conquest, the earlier the higher ur score. this seems to be a big factor, as for now all the highest scores come from deity conquests before the year 0 on a tiny map.

Comment

oh, the factors i wrote are probably not all of them, i guess there are more

Comment

keep in mind happiness is averaged over time. so raising to 100% doesn't have as much impact as it did in civ2. But it may help a little.

Comment

"Worthless" is pretty low. You need to win or at least play longer before you retire.
          Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

You're confused. The "Worthless" rating is the computer's assessment of how much fun you had.

(LOL! Sorry ... now back down all you Whiner Busters (tm). I was just taking the obvious opening.)
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Safe to say you will never get a decent rating at the lower difficulty levels. If you went on a rampage and won in say 50 turns, you would not have the culture points or the population stats.

Play on deity and win by the 20th century and you will see a high rating.

Comment

[SIZE=1] Play on deity and win by the 20th century and you will see a high rating.
                I think I'll give that advice to every newbie I see from now on. Out of idle curiousity, what's the highest rating?
                Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                  You're confused. The "Worthless" rating is the computer's assessment of how much fun you had.

(LOL! Sorry ... now back down all you Whiner Busters (tm). I was just taking the obvious opening.)
                  Well you have been somewhat nice lately, so I guess you deserve one for good behaviour.

Comment

I play all through the game, most of the time I win at somewhere around 2020 and by the UN Meeting (Diplomacy) also I have a Civ that is as large if not a little bigger then the comps. I'am vastly ahead in science and city size and have a large military (maybe would have helped if built faster?) and I build Nukes as soon as possible. Maybe its cuz I have it at Chieftian Level and Barbs at Villages?

Comment

so what is the highest ranking one can get?

the best i did was "Shaka the Wise" i believe, upon a spaceship launch victory in diety in the 19th century. i think there was 2 or 3 spaces above it for higher ranking. Anyone know what the best rankings are called?

Comment

they are in the labels.txt file in the text directory

the Worthless
                        the Pathetic
                        the Foolish
                        the Meek
                        the Cruel
                        the Terrible
                        the Fair
                        the Strong
                        the Clever
                        the Conqueror
                        the Lion-Hearted
                        the Great
                        the Wise
                        the Magnificent

Comment

Ok, now i know what the names are but does anyone know the point requirement to reach those classes? From Worthless to Magnifenct.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Dragon
                            Maybe its cuz I have it at Chieftian Level and Barbs at Villages?
                            That would definitely have something to do with it, especially the playing at Chieftain part. You can nevre get a very good rating at that level.

Comment

Working...
                            X