Kicking myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yo yin-
    regarding your quote , if you think your that brilliant then you are that brilliant....

Comment

For those who did not bother to read Wargamer's review:

Civilization III features so many improvements that it is easy to recommend it. A world-class AI melded with an impressive graphical presentation and the addition of culture push it to the upper tier of strategy games. It will remain on my hard-drive for quite a while. I temper this recommendation with my impression that the game was released too soon and there are many minor niggling issues and problems that could have been either improved or avoided. With their reputation for responding to gamers, Firaxis could certainly polish Civilization III until it reaches “classic” status, but its current state doesn’t deserve that level of acclamation.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
        IMO you shouldn't buy a STRATEGY game based on reviews, the reviewer probally gets less than a week to form an opinion before he has to submit his article, which is long enough to evaluate graphics, presentation etc. but not long enough to pick up on subtle gameplay inbalances, you obviously didn't spot them playing the crack or you'd be $45 better off!
        Yeah, well... I didn´t actually buy the game based on the reviews (I have bought almost every Sid-game for the last 10 years or so), the reason I played the crack was that I couldn´t afford to buy the game straight away, and the other reason was that the 1.16f-patch broke the crack... So to fully evaluate the game I had to buy it and thereby flushing $45 down the drain...

And you´re right about reviewers, I know it, you know it, but the general populace doesn´t. They belive what it says in the paper, thus making a distinctly below-par game into "the best game ever"
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zachriel
          I like Civ3. Try cricket or go make a snowman. Never played a cracked game. That isn't cricket.
          1. There´s no cricket in Sweden

and

2. There´s no snow where I live (Gothenburg), it almost always thaws away the minute it hits the ground. Too much humidity.

Also, if I´ve played the cracked game longer I wouldnt´ve posted this dissapointed rant

Comment

Originally posted by ****gyRA
            You should never play a "cracked" game. Crack is bad for you. Crack will get you addicted. Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care. Just say no to crack.
            But SMAC is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikinit
              I dunno where y'all come from, but I can take a game back to the store and get my money back if I don't like it.
              Yeah, if it´s sealed in its box. It works the same way as with CD´s (at least in Sweden)

I've read interviews of game reviewers. They are the biggest gamers on the planet. They play games all day. So I tend to trust their judgement.
              There´s a world of difference between game reviewers at newspapers like "Aftonbladet" and gaming magazines like "PC Gamer", but I haven´t read a single review anywhere that´s so insightful like the the threads on this board. But I will check out the Wargamer review, if it´s good for Yin26 then who am I to argue

The reviews on www.gamespot.com are to my liking. They have the "official" review, and then there are customer reviews too. Both have a number, I believe Civ 3 got a nine from the review and like a seven from the customers. That told me right there that I should be wary of possible problems.
              Interesting discrepancy, I´ll check that out as well in the future...

Comment

No, I can return them after it's out of the shrink wrap, they just put more plastic on it. I don't think there's a store here that will let me return music though.
                Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikinit
                  No, I can return them after it's out of the shrink wrap, they just put more plastic on it.
                  Good for you; I wish I could get my money back...

Comment

Working...
                  X