What do you dislike about CivIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you dislike about CivIII?

Fanboys: Yes, I know this is a loaded question. Now stop whining and go away, already.

All others: Yes, I know 16 answers are far from sufficient to do CivIII justice, but it isn´t possible to add more.
    Settler Diarrhaea
    7.04%
    Pop Rush
    3.20%
    Overpowered Mounted Units
    3.62%
    Tasteless Aesthetics (Leader Faces, Advisours, Colours,...)
    2.99%
    Too Early Spaceship (No Modern Age)
    6.18%
    Mid/Lategame Unit/Worker Flood
    9.17%
    Too Easy To Keep People Happy, No Domestic Challenge
    3.41%
    Missing Game Features (Multiplayer, Scenarios,...)
    10.66%
    Too Few Different Improvements and Units
    7.89%
    Railroad Diarrhaea
    5.12%
    No Spies and Diplomats, Tiny Role Of Espionage
    8.32%
    Badly Balanced Governments
    7.68%
    Missing Gratifications (Wonder Movies, Victory Movies, Voiceovers,...)
    7.68%
    World Map Uncovered Too Fast (Coastal Water Overlap, Map Trading)
    4.69%
    Most Wonders Not Worth The Effort
    4.26%
    Embarassingly Imbecile, Despicable Combat System
    8.10%
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

the two biggest problems for me were the immortal horse units and the spearmen beat tank combat system.

Of course there should have been another option, "completley idiotic and random city-flipping"
    The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by simwiz2
      Of course there should have been another option, "completley idiotic and random city-flipping"
      Put a check in the CORRUPTION box for me to please.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

No MP, easily.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the words of a wise man

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          No MP, easily.
          what he said
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Corruption and End-Game-Slowdown (in huge 12+ civ maps)!

oh, and buggs!

-Alech
            "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Re: the words of a wise man

Originally posted by ColdWizard

what he said
              I'll third that vote. Missing MP is a huge problem its lack nearly ruins the games long term replayability.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

well i hate no stacked movement. and whiners

Comment

You forgot to include the fact that air units can not sink Ships, this is my greatest anouence in the Game
                  I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

It wasn't about no MP in civ 3 that made me vote in the "no MP" option. We already know that there will be MP for Civ 3. What I don't like is that there's no scenarios in civ 3, and those Earth maps are just horrible!

I voted on lots of other things. But I just realized that the immortal mounted units are a really big flaw I should have voted for. Funny I never had realise aout it on SMAC.
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
                      You forgot to include the fact that air units can not sink Ships, this is my greatest anouence in the Game
                      yeah you forgot to include:
                      - tank blitz is gone
                      - no OCC
                      - warrior killing my army of elite modern armor
                      - trireme sinking battleships
                      - mind worms are gone
                      - no fundamentalism
                      - culture works both ways (argh)

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
                        That is part of the combat system (#16), so I think I´ve got you covered.
                        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Personally, I no longer much want to play this game in single player, so who cares about multiplayer?

I had a blast playing this game, except when I fight wars. In every war I've fought the only thing I need for victory is numerical supiority in near equivelent units. If I have enough swordsmen I can run over anything, the same goes for any unit.

Makes me feel like I'm playing a turn based generic RTS. blah.

but I like the rest of the game. oh well, Moo3 comes out in march. . . . hopefully.
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Personally the settler explosion is annoying (and where wont the AI build a city!?). The space ship comes to early in the game, also.
                            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Nope

You missed mine entirely- pollution, too many "green" city improvements, and bombardment not killing.

Comment

Working...
                              X