Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3.1, An Idea For a Variant.

Age of Discovery

Start all 16 Civs on one fairly large continent. Then put lots of other islands and continents around for them to fight over, with different luxuries on each. Make the luxuries into a form of unit that must be transported on a ship and can be stolen. When it arrives at home it lasts a certain amount of time, perhaps depending on the size of your Civ, and you can sell it to your own people as well as other Civs. Other Civs will try to take it on the high seas.

Also, put much less advanced tribes on these other land masses that can be enslaved as subject races which might rebel, or even your own colonists might rebel.

I'm not certain how a winner might be defined. I'd like to lop off the end game and bring it to a conclusion after the age of sail.

Also, limit the ironclads to operating in the areas surrounding cities you own. Coaling stations needed to be nearby for quite a long time. The early ones tended to burn to the waterline and sink as well, being wooden ships 'clad' in iron with hot furnaces blazing away. They should just burn up and sink every so often. It wasn't until steel and steel hulls that coal fired ships went intercontinental.

Anyhoo, I'm off my subject. Anyone think Civ 3.1 a good idea?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Seems like a good idea for a scenario!
    Don't you think you should discuss this in the Creation forum?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
    X